best choice of cone air filter?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a pipe that comes from the cam cover and goes to the air box.If you look in my engine bay pic,look to the left of the red battery wires you can see my cam cover breather/filter.

Looks similar to my setup. Bought a ramair kit.. only decent thing seemed to be the filter.. I retained the bottom half of the airbox and kept the crank breather pipe plugged into that. There was an adaptor to put it into the cone but seemed a pain. Ran a narrow pipe up to it but will prob do the Frp mod soon also..
I dremelled my Maf too and it sounds much better and seems keener now. Will be looking to get a bigger throttle body soon and in the future (finances allowing) will get a full exhaust, mibbe dremell the inlet ports and hopefully a remap too. After that it would prob be cams but out of my price-range for a £200 car!

I ended up just taking the whole airbox out and running that big ducting up from just behind the grille.

Thing is induction noise won't really make a dent if your running a 4-2-1 and performance back cat, don't think lots of people have tried both and if they have then other engine mods may have been completed inbetween. I run a FRP box with front air feed but recently changed my small trumpet for a 150mm rectangular air scoop and I have physically noticed the rev's pick up quicker since.

Sorry. Dremmelled my Maf cos I saw it on here. Then thought a new filter set up would be good too. TB and then poss matching the inlet ports to the engine ones if ive got the guts to!Not looking for frp levels of power.. just tinkering. Mot due in May and its prob gonna need a few things so will see how that goes then poss think about an exhaust and remap. Car was bought to re- live my teens and twenties when I did a lot of tinkering with minis.. so far its been fun and cracking to drive!

I have also fitted a 2ltr mondeo throttle body and modded inlet manifold.

What did you do to the manifold Glenn? Matching the ports or something more substantial..?
Have you had a remap or does it run ok as standard?

I have a pipercross viper in my puma sucking in cold dence air from the front of the car with a sweat growl when u put ur foot down ;) cost 200 quid tho :L

althepal101 said:
What did you do to the manifold Glenn? Matching the ports or something more substantial..?
Have you had a remap or does it run ok as standard?

I just used a stone drill piece and bored the inlet manifold out. It only took about an hour. The car isn't mapped and it drives and idles spot on.

Back