Best finish for interior and exterior plastics...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOK

...Autoglym Leather Care (not cleaner). Yes really...
None of this shiny greasy dodgy used car lot look, you get a perfect, really nice silky natural look to all the black plastics around the car. It's even good on the Milly's leather seats.
Look at the front grilles and black plastic bumper section on my pic here if you want to see the finish it gives :cool:
CLICK

Have you tried that green slime stuff that Autoglym do called Bumper Care I think. It's great for all the exterior black plastics on the XR.

A little rubbed in makes them look and fell like new. It works well on the window rubbers as well.

Pumadaddy said:
Have you tried that green slime stuff that Autoglym do called Bumper Care I think. It's great for all the exterior black plastics on the XR.

A little rubbed in makes them look and fell like new. It works well on the window rubbers as well.

I used to use it but found it's a bit thick and unpleasant to use but I think it's better for really faded plastic finishes.

Does that autoglym stuff actually "restore" the plastic / rubber, or just remove contaminants Col?

I need something for the small rear window rubbers as they look mottled.

Dal said:
Does that autoglym stuff actually "restore" the plastic / rubber, or just remove contaminants Col?

I need something for the small rear window rubbers as they look mottled.

I've seen this on a few Pumas...I doubt it can remove those marks. It doesn't appear to be a rubber as such as the small rear windows are bonded direct to the bodyshell with large amounts of 'shutz' from a mastic gun, so the 'seals' are merely to give a neat finish to the edge of the glass.

Chinster said:
Must get some of that stuff for my milly, what's a rough price?

About £5-6 I think.

Seriously, if your plastic and leather is in good condition don't waste your money on anything else
490.gif

Back