Best oil

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have been told to use millers 5w 30, apparently it supposed to be the best. Is that true? also what that lucuas stalbiser for oil like? i used it once to quiten engine down a bit it worked but dont know if it killing engine as oil is thin and lucas is very thick.

As long as it's 5w30 and up to the Ford standard, then it'll be fine. The Ford stuff is semi-synthetic so no real need to go to fully synthetic. Some people say that you should go for a more expensive "better" oil if your car is heavily modified, but as Ford put their own 5w30 into all manner of cars far more powerful than a puma, there isn't a need in my opinion.

Best not add anything to the oil as it may effect the nikasil linings in the cylinder bore.

Thanks this is a silly question but do you buy the ford oil from car parts section when you go to ford dealers. Whats the full name of this and what price please. How many litres does puma need?

Go to the parts desk and ask for oil for a Puma. They should know what one. If they don't it's "Formula E 5w30"

They sell it in bottles of 1 and 5 litres. You'll need about 4 and a 1/4 litres for a full oil and filter change so a 5L one is just the job.

The price is anywhere from £29 down to £15, depending whether your local Ford parts desk does discounts.

thanks ill do that. Apart from using lucas engine oil stabaliser which could be bad is there any safe way of making the engine sound less ticky

I've just changed the oil in my 1.7 with Castrol magnatec (has Ford badge on the label saying Ford recommend it) But the engine is still ticking just the same as before i changed it :/ I changed the filter too for a standard ford effort. No idea what's causing it!

If its not using any oil I wouldn't worry too much about it?

When were the spark pluigs last changed?

benking said:
Ticking as in tappety, blame ford :eek:k:

Yea I viewed a few pumas before buying mine some engines seemed tappety guess it's hit and miss.

Our puma has been serviced at ford from new and they have always used sheel helix, expensive but apprently its good shit.

Latest posts

Back