bike rack?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyc1230

Does anyone know of a bike rack that fits or can be made to fit a puma?
If so where can I get one? :?:
I can cycle to the New Forest in about 5mins from my house but it would be nice to go a bit further away plus the same parts of the forest do get a bit boring.

you can get roof bars and a cycle rack and do it that way but do not use a rear hatch mounted carrier because of the glass on it...

Thule do one have a look on ebay cost me about £80

DSC03884.jpg

Coincidentally I have my bike down and been cycling round the New Forest at the moment....

I don't like roof mounted racks for bikes and, as has been mentioned, the shape/style of Puma rear means the conventional rear mounted ones don't fit.. I just quickly pop the wheels off and put it inside. It works fine although you are limited to yourself and one other using this method.
An old sheet is worthwhile to throw out beneath the bike(s) too, in case of a proper dirty session.

andyc1230 said:
Have you got any other photos of how this mounts, does it touch the glass.
Daz_zz_er said:
This is just one i got from Halfords ages ago!!
205075_1958544886372_1325258244_2239754_4322845_n.jpg

Doubt they sell it anymore :( Got from Totton to Bournemouth and it stayed on Lol! And yeah it does touch the glass but its all padded

Hey what parts of the forest have you been to?
Im not sure if I will fit 2 bike in the back though.
expatscot said:
Coincidentally I have my bike down and been cycling round the New Forest at the moment....

I don't like roof mounted racks for bikes and, as has been mentioned, the shape/style of Puma rear means the conventional rear mounted ones don't fit.. I just quickly pop the wheels off and put it inside. It works fine although you are limited to yourself and one other using this method.
An old sheet is worthwhile to throw out beneath the bike(s) too, in case of a proper dirty session.

andyc1230 said:
expatscot said:

I am visitng family - they used to be in Hythe and now live in Totton so mainly the eastern fringe.. say Ashurst, over to Lyndhurst and down as far as Lymington, and to the A326 at the east edge. But most of my trails and messing about off-road have been around the Beaulieu area.

ianv5 said:
Thule do one have a look on ebay cost me about £80

I think ebay may be the cheapest option.

I managed to get the OEM Puma roof bars for a tenner and when I went to collect she had 2 cycle carriers and accepted another tenner for them.
£20 all in.............. Bargain. :eek:k:

Good luck with the search :thumbs:

Rich.

Hey, thats funny I live in Totton & ride through Ashurst Bridge to get to the forrest.Im just behind the tescos express off of holland road.
expatscot said:
andyc1230 said:
expatscot said:

I am visitng family - they used to be in Hythe and now live in Totton so mainly the eastern fringe.. say Ashurst, over to Lyndhurst and down as far as Lymington, and to the A326 at the east edge. But most of my trails and messing about off-road have been around the Beaulieu area.

Daz_zz_er said:
This is just one i got from Halfords ages ago!!
205075_1958544886372_1325258244_2239754_4322845_n.jpg

that reminds me of those funny pictures from China showing whole families on one pushbike or the buses with people riding the roof or clinging on to the side!

andyc1230 said:
Hey, thats funny I live in Totton & ride through Ashurst Bridge to get to the forrest.Im just behind the tescos express off of holland road.
expatscot said:
andyc1230 said:
expatscot said:

Small world..... though when I am down that neck of the woods, am visiting just behind the main centre, just off the Salisbury Road.

Be off out on a road run on the bike in a bit... head out via Pooks Green, over to Beaulieu, then up to Lyndhurst/Ashurst Road and back in...

Back