Bloody puma :~(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumaspark

Hi all i have two problems on my puma thunder 1.7 :~( the first is its started to tap.
It sounds like topend tapping but it soon gets better when its warm and you can hardly hear it once fully up to temp. I understand that the 1.7 has solid lifter so i will have to check for any wear on the cams and measure the gaps between cam and followers and reshim. :~(

The second problem is when i start the car the revs rise straight to 1800 rpm and stays there for a while then drops to 1000 and once it gets warm the revs stay at about 750rpm.
It worries me because iv'e already had main bearing go on my Jaguar s type 2.7d due to lack of oil at start up :~(
I have cleaned the maf - idle control valve and checked conections on power steering sensor but this has made no differance. :~(
Has anyone any idea.
Cheers marc :~)

when was oil last changed and is there enough oil in the engine,also 2nd problem,sounds normal,just engine running as it should on start up

Hi all :grin: It's had a fresh oil and filter change. It revs up to 1800rpm when you start it when its hot, then drops to 750rpm
I hate to start a car and have it rev, as i,m worried about lack of oil to the mains. :-(
Cheers Marc. :grin:

Back