Blown about six bulbs in just over a year :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSB

As above really, wot can i do or check as bulbs arent cheap and am getting far to used to people telling me one or both of my bulbs has gone :(

Same here on the Jagdeo.

Are they just making bulbs lower quality?

0630 this morning saw me outside, ankle deep in snow, wearing a head torch and fitting yet another bulb in the bloody headlights, a task that requires six-foot long arms, annorexia and child's hand (Preferably attached to the end of the arm.) All this so that Mrs XIIVVX didn't have to drive home tonight apparently in charge of a 1.6 ton motorbike

Now I have two Osram 3-Year Guaranteed bulbs in place

Are you making sure you're not getting greasy fingerprints on them when fitting them?

I am. :grin: I always use one of the filling station disposable gloves for the task.

dodgy / about to brake wire - test with resistance going from bulb end to fuse box end

or

alternator is overcharging; check voltage at battery, iv had 18v before! will make electric windows go faster too

Hi !

Spotted mine had this problem of overcharging in the history of the car, if it does turn out to be this might be worth checking the wire and connectors to the bulb, mine had melted a bit. Changed the connector and spliced in some wire and the headlights were much brighter after

regards
kevin

Back