Body/Rust repair South Coast?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blagger89

My W Reg Puma has a few rust bubbles on the wheel arch, as yet haven't had a chance to inspect further for damage because of the weather.

I've read that 206 wings can be used to repair the rust and I'll be ordering a set soon, first question - Any year/model 206 front wings in particular?

Second question - Anyone down south got any recommendations for a good garage to do this work?

Third question - In the meantime anything I can do to prevent this getting any worse (pictures will be put up later), read about the felty liner being the main issue and getting inside that to chuck anti-rust stuff on there so can get round to that once its sunny but not sure where to begin. Taking bit and bobs off isn't an issue, pretty much took apart my Ford Focus and Corsa for fun from the inside out to fix bits and bobs so averagely handy around a car.

Both rear arches look like this
BB4CFpj.jpg
(sorry for potato quality, just ran outside in the rain for a quick snap)
Cheers in advance.

Hi
Removing the felty liner to treat the wheel arches is a waste of time.
To get to the source of the rust you need to strip out all the interior from the rear of the car to access the inner wheel arches. This is where it starts..it comes from inside the seams.
If it's not too bad and you're having it cut out anyway, I wouldn't bother.
Paul

Alright cheers! The owner before my uncle was a mechanic so fingers crossed he was aware and at least did something in his ownership and what's visible has always been there but treated internally.

The cars always been owned near the sea (Brighton, Hastings, Eastbourne and now Portsmouth) so want to ensure it doesn't get any worse than it is now!

Luckily easter break is just round the corner for me so I'll have plenty of time to get the insides out and have a proper look!

Finally stopped raining so managed to get some pictures up here.

tYkicl3.jpg

BQETAuV.jpg

Once I have the next week out the way Uni wise (got 2 presentations and 3000 words to do) I can find some time to have a go at the interior to have a closer look.

I did mine with the 206 method.. Worked a treat and not one bubble up to now :eek:k:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back