BOGOF offer on bulbs !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water-bug55

As the title says its buy one get one free at halfords for bulbs, so get down there and get your extreme brilliance bulbs ! :thumbs:
Thought you would all like to know :)

Cool, been waiting for this to come around again.
(I presume the book in Halfords is still wrong and says you need one HB3 and one HB4, not two HB3s)
Cheers.

JonB said:
Cool, been waiting for this to come around again.
(I presume the book in Halfords is still wrong and says you need one HB3 and one HB4, not two HB3s)
Cheers.
Lol i don't read or listen to anything/anybody there, the advice is shockingly bad !

Tell me about it, went to get a 3/8" socket on a 1/2" drive, they had to get the store manager out of his office because the staff did not understand imperial sizes (all too young) who told me that they no longer stock imperials as singles!
However the books can be usefull for finding equivalent parts.

JonB said:
Tell me about it, went to get a 3/8" socket on a 1/2" drive, they had to get the store manager out of his office because the staff did not understand imperial sizes (all too young) who told me that they no longer stock imperials as singles!
However the books can be usefull for finding equivalent parts.

The best I have found are the wheel & tyre bundles.
I had a set of 15" wheels, but wanted the same in 17". According to the website, they were ET35.
So, went to local store, and they were ET40. When we rang several other stores, one said they had a set in ET35, so I got him to go check to make sure.... Yes, definitely ET35.

I drove all the way there to find they were ET40!

After all the hassle and still no ET35 wheels, my partner rang the head office. They stated that the style of wheels I wanted were only available in ET40 and the website was wrong.

A couple of weeks ago, I went in to a halfords store and just for a laugh, went to look at some wheels. Nice set of 16", advertised as ET35... stamped on the back of the wheel... ET40!!

DON'T BUY WHEELS FROM HALFRAUDS UNLESS YOU PHYSICALLY SEE THEM FIRST... they advertise their wheels wrong!!

Ahhh ffs i've been waiting for this offer, i know it always comes when the nights draw in but i got impatient and bought some osram night breakers on amazon.co.uk. Had extreme brilliance in the puma, i wonder how the night breakers will fare in the ZS. Can't be any worse than the pony blue ebay bulbs that are in there at the moment!

Cheers for the heads up - picked up a spare set today! :thumbs:

So Do I need to buy 2 HB3's then i get another 2 free? and thats one each for the low and high beams in each headlight?

I guess they have all different types standard, white etc? whats best for puma?

I'm confused now :? (doesn't take a lot) is the HB3 for the low beam and HB4 for the high beam? so 2 of each?? I know I cant rely on halfords, they are plonkers!

Yep, Buy one, get one free... pay for 2, but get four!
Both the headlight and main beam are the same bulbs... HB3.

topmansparkie said:
Yep, Buy one, get one free... pay for 2, but get four!
Both the headlight and main beam are the same bulbs... HB3.

Thanks will pop in there after work to see what they got, get some better ones and keeps others as spares!

I've got two of these a few months ago. Can't remember if they are on my dipped or main beams.

Should i have them on both or is it not worth it?

Back