Bonnet Bent :0(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca76

Hi all
I am a new member and I have had my Puma for a year now and I love her :grin:
I have a problem in that my bonnet appears to have been bent and because of this doesnt close properly (doesnt catch the boonet catch easily) and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if so what needed to be done please
Thank you muchly all
Becky

Welcome to the site Becky.

Are you sure it's bent? A panel beater might be able to pull it out a bit for you if so.

If it's not actually bent it might just need adjusting a bit?

Hi there and thank you for the welcome :grin:

When I close the bonnet it isn't catching the catch properly and so you have to move the catch in order for it to lock onto the bonnet. When the bonnet is closed one side is flush and the other is raised and when you open it it doesn't open straight

Welcome, glad to hear you're enjoying your puma!

Typically, a bent bonnet is due to the car having a bump of some description at the front. If it's only slightly out, it can be bent/twisted back into place by hand, alternatively, it might be that the hinges need adjusting.

Whereabouts in the country are you? We might be able to recommend someone local to you who can have a look, and I mean members here who know their stuff, not just the garages in our recommended list. :eek:k:

mine is exactly the same as urs! looks like its had a little bump just above where it shuts, but mine was okay after a bit of pushin an shovin and a bit of wd40 :) although like you said, the bonnet doesnt sit flush, neither does mine, so it closes for now but i think a new bonnet when ive got a bit of spare cash! x

Back