Boot locked when engine running

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jueboy

Any ideas as to whether the ECU is intelligent enough on the Puma to allow my boot to be open when the engine is running. I find this such an annoying feature as it is normally just as I have started the car I realise I need something I have just put in the boot, but cant get to it unless I turn off the ignition, which does the engines no good at all.

I see you can add an internal boot switch, however wondered if re-programming was also an option?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Its a standard feature, and as you say quite annoying!

Not heard of it being able to be reprogrammed

Thought that may be the case,
I know on the VW ECU's you can alter all the locking features such as lock when moving etc but guess good old Fords just aren't that clever!!

Just spoken with a Ford Master Tech who thinks he can re-program the sub menue of the ECU so is going to look into this for me when he next has one in the workshop. Will post if it is possible to change this feature, as it would be easier than wiring in an internal boot release swith and if you do want the boot locked you've only got to hit the central locking.

jueboy said:
Just spoken with a Ford Master Tech who thinks he can re-program the sub menue of the ECU so is going to look into this for me when he next has one in the workshop. Will post if it is possible to change this feature, as it would be easier than wiring in an internal boot release swith and if you do want the boot locked you've only got to hit the central locking.

If you have a 3 button remote can you not just press the boot release one when car is running to release boot?

Not sure if it works will have to try later.

No need to wire in a internal boot release switch then.

Back