both heated screens not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spjmorris

Hi guys, need some help please...........

the HFS has never worked, the LED in the switch doesn't come on when it's pressed, but the dash lights dim momentarily when it's pressed? any ideas?

aaaaaaand the heated rear screen also doesn't work, but the LED does light up? those brass contacts in the tailgate look a bit battered would this be a good place to start?

Thanks, Steve

The brass contacts may be a good start. Give them a clean with a bit of wire wool to brighten them up.

Hi guys, hope everyone had a good Christmas :)

right I've finally made some time to look a bit more closely at this!

here are the contacts, one is pushed right in as you can see and doesn't appear to be making contact with the pin in the tailgate, does anyone know what circuit this is on?

and here is the underside, looks pretty battered :(

second purple wire looks to have overheated at some point, also the bit I've arrowed looks a bit melted underneath

whaddya reckon?? new terminals? can you still get these from Ford?

Cheers again, Steve

That looks rather battered!

Give IanG a shout, our spares guy. A second hand item will be more that ample for that.
Check the spring loaded contacts on the boot lid too. Make sure they move freely. If not, I'd get that replaced too!

If that terminal has been pushed in, but only just making contact, it could arc and heat up, causing the melted damage.

Thanks all

The spring loaded tailgate pins are just fine
I've been offered a used set of contacts from a fellow member which I'll get fitted asap, hopefully this will cure it!

Have you tried the relays behind the fuse box, one of mine was faulty , so no voltage gettingbto the rear screen.

mild update, replacing the boot contacts and the fuse seems to have fixed the rear screen

Just got to sort the front next!

Back