Heated front windscreen Switch Dash light not working.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_penfool

Minor issue I know but one of those that's more visible at this time of year.
The heated screen works fine and the orange control light turns on and off when the button is pressed.

But when I turn the car lights on, the dash buttons all light up apart from this one.
I'm guessing its a problem with the current button/switch unit and I can just buy a replacement (from ebay?).

In which case are they easy to replace and how do I do it?

OR do I have to take the whole dash apart to change (in which case it can wait)
OR is it likely to be something else (fuse/relay related)?

Thanks

So, the actual button illumination doesn't work when you turn your lights on?

There is an LED inside these buttons. They are user replaceable (although they aren't really designed to be) but it's very fiddly and requires use of a soldering iron.

The switches can be removed in 2 different ways...

1. remove the 3 retaining screws for the dial surround and pull it away from the dash. Push the switch out from behind. Push small clip on the electrical connector and remove from switch. Refitting is the reverse of removal.

2. More brutal approach - use small screwdriver or similar and flick/prize off the front of the switch. The rest of the switch can then be yanked out with a pair of pliers or similar. Remove electrical plug as stated above.

Yeah no illumination on that one button.

Will order a replacement and have a go at taking the dial surround off.
Thanks.

Dial surround it easy.

2 screws behind the steering wheel, in the top of the surround. The third screw is located on the furthest left side behind a black, plastic triangle shaped cover. Take this cover off carefully as they are prone to breaking.

The dial surround is also held on the lower edge with retaining clips. These clips may ping off, but hopefully they will drop down the dash and fall out in to the foot well.

Back