brake dust

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackersno1

washed my car before xmas and the car came out great, but the alloys have got some break dust on them and it wudnt come off, so i just had it washed properly and the alloys look better than they did but theres still dust on them. Is there anyway of getting it off or shud i just respray the them? ant ideas?

Any good alloy wheel cleaning solution should remove it.

You can also t-cut alloy wheels and then give them a good coat of wax so they are easier to clean up next time around.

You'll probably find you can get it off with a cream cleaner such as Cif too.

There is loads of stuff out there, autoglym is what i use. The only trick to stop brake dust biting is to wash the wheels regularly, weekly or bi-weekly at worst.

well i bought the green stuff pads cause it boasted how they have reduced amounts of break dust, but to be honest they seem worse but il give it a try once i get my student loan next week!! woop! 8)

Had some Turtle Wax alloy wheel cleaner given me for Christmas. Quick and easy to use and gets them immaculate. Comes with an applicator brush.

i will second the clean often, use a good cleaner (wonder wheels) and then a light going over with t-cut (having white wheels is a 'mere but the t-cut gets rid of the yellow staining too....)

Tcut and a good wheel wax will do wonders for the future.

I waxed my multispokes with 2-3 coats when I bought them and they still come up like new, inside and out nearly 2 years later:

[albumimg]1168[/albumimg] [albumimg]1167[/albumimg]

probably best to take the wheels off so i can get behind them and give them a proper clean through out, iv always tried to clean them regularly but reckon iv slacked off recently

I have been using Espuma Revolution, detailing world web site rave about it, the pros use it and can be bought on line. cant remember how much it is but it brings the wheels up fantastic.

Back