BTCC Rockingham Speedway, Sunday 15th Sept 2013 - Confirmed!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
ProjectPuma has been invited to attend Round 8 of the BTCC event at Rockingham Speedway on Sunday 15th September 2013.

logo_2012.gif
logo_dunlop.gif
btcclogo.jpg

rockingham_logo.jpg

circuit_11_st.gif

Rockingham4_zps3294e924.jpg

Round 8 of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship also includes (at least):
  • Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain
    Ginetta GT Supercup
    Ginetta Junior Championship
    Renault Clio Cup
    MSA British Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain

http://www.btcc.net/html/circuit_detail.php?id=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last years thread: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=17915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last years photos: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=18410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As this is our second year of attendance I've managed to twist Will's arm to get us what I hope you'll agree is a great deal on a suite overlooking the track for the sole use of Projectpuma as well as a great parking option:

These are the details as outlined by Will about the suite:

The offer is:
- Private club Hospitality suite access with views of the entire circuit (min booking of 8 people)
- TV in suite showing the live TV feed all day
- VIP Parking
- VIP Passes to main and support paddocks with event information
- Event Programme
- Car display area
- Teas, coffees & water all day
- £39 per head
This is basically the hospitality package that goes out for £60 per head but with a big discount included.

For this event all cars are welcome as we'll have 2 places to park:

1) Pumas in attendance will get to park on the Club Stand that is directly behind the grandstand. (or possibly in amongst the trade stands - TBD)
2) All other cars will be able to park in the "VIP parking" just behind and still within the gates - but not with the Public!

Points of note:
  • 1) There isn't going to be a "club area" like there was last year in the welcome centre - instead there will be a "Club lounge" where members of the public can pay an extra £10 to get into (that will be basically a larger version of last years club area - they've cottoned on that it was popular and they can make some money out of it!)
    2) The advance price for the day is £27, so for just an extra £12 you can drink as much tea / coffee / water as you like as well as having an air conditioned room to call home!
    3) Room for a Scalectrix set on the floor ;) (Aaron, I'm looking your way!)
    4) Refrigerator in the suite for cold drinks / salads etc. (Will even said they'd turn a blind eye to the odd beer if we wanted before I reminded him we were driving :lol: )
    5) Rockingham will provide me with an exclusive URL web address and code where you can visit to purchase the discounted tickets. I'll be PM'ing this to all interested people when I get it.

Some pictures of a similar suite and view I've just been in:

View from the suite - nearly 100% of the track is visible!
Rockingham2_zpsb05c367c.jpg

Rockingham1_zps63f658a5.jpg

Rockingham3_zpsc0082c10.jpg

There'll not be a meet point as we'll all have tickets and passes in the post. Make your way to Rockingham to be on stand by 7.30am - 8am at the latest please.

See this post: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=291507#p291507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please reply by Sunday 1st September 2013 so I can confirm numbers back to Rockingham to get the correct suite size. Please also include your mode of transportation!

Members who have shown an interest previously - please re-confirm!

1. Dal - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
2. Cherie - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
3. Sparx - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
4. Flying Scotsman - Puma - Club stand
5. Evilrob - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
6. BigAl - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
7. Neil - Mazda MX5 - VIP Parking
8. jimmyj - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
9. fairlight - Puma - Club stand - reminded via PM
10. crystalpuma & Supersonic - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 2 Tickets Purchased
11. Bentleya -Puma? - Club stand - reminded via PM
12. MikePass - Puma - Club stand - - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
13. Ginger Tom - Puma? - Club stand - Code PM'd! 2 Tickets Purchased
14. spike - VIP Parking - Yes, I want the code! 1 Ticket Purchased
15. Adam_ - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
16. PaulZ - Puma - Club stand - Code PM'd! 1 Ticket Purchased
17. Red - Non Puma - VIP Parking - Code PM'd!

20/08/2013
I've had word from Rockingham - I'll have the link to order your tickets through in the next few days so look out for a PM from me.

21/08/2013
Hi Dal,
Finally got the code! *will pm to members*
All tickets include access to both the Main race day paddock and support paddock.
The product is hidden on our store so, as before, please insure that this is only circulated between your members

I will be giving Will a list from here of those who have had the code. I will PM said code today so expect a PM. If when you've bought your tickets you could let me know your name and address, I can confirm to Will that it's a legitimate purchase so it can be processed and tickets sent out. All a bit of a faff, but as I hope you'll agree, it's quite a saving that they can't offer everyone!

28/08/2013
Timetable announced:
http://www.rockingham.co.uk/raceevents/timetables/2013/btcc_v2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10/09/2013
Hi Dal,

Just to let you know that passes and wristbands were sent today, I know we had some issues with wristbands breaking last year so let me know if there are any issues
You have been allocated suite L21 which is situated on level one of the main Rockingham building opposite stair 10. We will keep it simple and have one access pass which is included in the passes sent.
I will confirm the exact plot for the club a later on the this week.

Any problems then my number is: zero 7854 zero 520 three five (just to confuse internet bots)

I'm going have to pull out Dal - I've just realised this is the day after my sisters wedding, and I very much doubt I'll be in any fit state to drive.

We'll be there with the Rally for Hereos stand, but might get one of your packages, to say hello, and use a VIP parking space!

Is the parking valid for the Saturday too?

Neil said:
I'm going have to pull out Dal - I've just realised this is the day after my sisters wedding, and I very much doubt I'll be in any fit state to drive.

:(

Flying Scotsman said:
As Neil, I will also have to, I'm not back in the UK until the following Friday. :(

:(

spike. said:
We'll be there with the Rally for Hereos stand, but might get one of your packages, to say hello, and use a VIP parking space!
Is the parking valid for the Saturday too?

I would imagine so - especially if you'll be on a charity stand..

Ginger Tom said:
I'm in! Though, I'm not sure what car I'm going to be in

:eek:k:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say yes...ought to be moving house that weekend but hopefully can wangle that somehow!!!

Kev will also try to make it but need him to confirm shifts first.

Sounds good to me! I'll be coming on my pushbike, or if not in the Puma! :lol:

I up for this! Add me to the list please.... will be in my Puma (Which is nothing special lol!) Up for the club stand too.

Adam_ said:
I up for this! Add me to the list please.... will be in my Puma (Which is nothing special lol!) Up for the club stand too.

All Pumas are special :eek:k:

PaulZ said:
Hi Dal,

Ill be attending as well. Will be bringing my puma.

PaulZ

:thumbs:

Just realised what time you lot met last year.... Me N Paul will have to leave at like 5 in the morning :eek: :lol:

Who/How do we pay by the way?

Oops, I thought i added that bit... added now.

5) Rockingham will provide me with an exclusive URL web address where you can visit to purchase the discounted tickets. I'll be PM'ing this to all interested people when I get it.

As long as we get on site before 8.30ish I think it'll be fine. We only get there early to avoid sitting in traffic for an hour and give us time to clean the cars before the public are allowed in.

As you'll be getting tickets delivered to yourselves, if you're a bit late and don't make the pre-meet point, it doesn't really matter. (As long as you're on the stand before the Public get in as they don't lke cars moving around after that point)

Back