Byebye Puma - Pics of why I'm getting rid!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

Well, after 20k, lots of fun and lots of fuel I've had to say goodbye to the Puma.

It needed extensive arch repair, I pulled the drivers side arch lip off with my hands yesterday. New Exhaust, overdue cambelt and ruined bushes sealed it's fate.

So, with my bonus money, which came in last week, I bought a new car.

Goodbye Puma

2011-12-10%252015.25.59.jpg

2011-12-10%252015.47.24.jpg

2011-12-10%252014.38.52.jpg

2011-07-26%252018.00.03.jpg

2011-07-26%252017.59.51.jpg

And hello Citroen ZX! £400 project car/economical commuter (which is all the Puma was in the end)

IMG_20120901_113538.jpg

IMG_20120901_113558.jpg

http://www.autoshite.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14641&sid=67fad9309f3a51410a0b06503bfb48ed

The puma is being broken for spares, see the thread in the parts bit. I've kept the numberplate, the ford badge from the rear and I'm gonna try and get a Puma window badge off for mementoes.

I'll still read this forum, it's a right laugh and there isn't a ZX one out there for me to move on to. Plus I'm still breaking the Puma!

what? I Guess you still love your puma. Its still looks awesome in which way u maintain it its quiet good.

Nooooooo!! You can't break it! At least sell it to someone who'd repair it! :'(

To be fair, there isn't much work there. If I had the time and space I'd have bought it off you :'(

I haven't sold anything yet! What's been taken off willonly take half an hour to put back on!

Arches, drivers side has rotted inside and our, I pulled it off completely and loads of old filler cane out
Exhaust is dead
Bushes are shot
Brakes are dangerous
Mot in Nov, tax till Dec
No paint on front bumper

I reckon I'd get more parting it but you could drive it away. Would want about £350 though, need tyres for the meriva and 4 boxes of milk for littlun.

Sam

Financial wise it's great. With my daughter we need all the money we can get, and at £130 a year tax, we save £30 a month on our insurance and I've currently done 200 miles to quarter of a tank, would have been over half a tank in the Puma.

Compared to the Puma, it is more nippy (but she wasn't running right), smoother ride, although cornering at any speed and the Puma suddenly becomes the better car! My commute to work takes a good 10 minutes longer now, it's not as fun at high speeds.

If we win the euromillions this weekend then the Puma will be sent away for a nut and bolt restoration, shell dipped, stripped and repaired etc. However, in the real world, it won't!

The Arch Bishop said:
slayllian said:
Sorry, but I think you have lost the plot! A citreon ZX??
Ok, so it's not a Puma, but the ZX's I've driven have always been pretty good fun to chuck around! Cheap to run as well!

The Volcane is supposed to be very good. Beep, I saw your ZX in Stokenchurch yesterday. It looked pretty tidy :eek:k:

Lol you really must grab me when you see me so we can have a chat!

It is pretty tidy, not a drop of rust anywhere on it, paintwork is swirl-tastic and needs a good detail, with 2 small scrapes on the bumper, and a light dent in a rear door but for a shed, I'm not going to complain, engine needs a good service but I like it!

Never driven a Volcane, I hope they stiffened up the suspension a bit. Did 60 up Aston Hill the other day (lewknor to stokey) and it did slide me about a bit!

Yep, the Volcane's were big fun! Basically a Pug 306 XSI and the handling was superb. The Diesel Volcane was a decent tool as well and easy to turn the boost up. They would make 115bhp and a lot of touque and still make 200,000 miles without bother. Still gutted I couldn't take my ex-brother in law's when he offered it to me for a cup of tea. :-(

Well, now the interior is stripped out, I can see the full extent of the damage...

IMG_20120908_104757.jpg

IMG_20120908_104810.jpg

IMG_20120908_104727.jpg

IMG_20120908_104802.jpg

IMG_20120908_104734.jpg

Also lots of rusty patches on the floor under the carpet, 3 of the seat bolts snapped off upon removal due to rust/heat from the fooked flexi pipe for a year...

Goodbye Puma, sort of missing you already!

IMG_20120908_112740.jpg

Keep smiling, my first puma went shortly after my son arrived, 9 years later when funds permitted FRP arrived so not all bad.

Lol cheers Neil! You saw it on the meet a year or two back.

Will get some pics of the blobby bits on the floor so others can look out for the same.

Latest posts

Back