can you fail a MOT on the rear fog lights?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigps2

i had a MOT today sadly it failed

can you fail on the fog lights?

thay dont work at all
i have check all the fuses and changed the switch still no joy
but im sure if fog light dont work it would just be a advisory ? (i maybe wroung)

and if you can fail on them what if i take the fog lights compleatle out ??
if theres no fog lights at all theres nothing to fail on the light if you get me can this be done?

Need at least one to be fitted and operational to the offside, nearside is optional.

There's a join in the loom where it exits to behind the bumper, if the number plate lights are off as well then I would be checking that first, needs the bumper off I think.

My offside one doesnt usually work.But a quick fiddle behind the bumper and it works long enough for the MOT.Old cats need the most stroking. :grin:

My driver´s side (your passengers side) fog light did not work and It was mentioned during Finnish equivalent of MOT. I investigated this problem after MOT and using a multimeter I found that from wires without bulb holder came about 12,5 volts, but from bulb holder came only about 5 volts which was funny thing. I had a spare rear light cluster and it had same kind of bulb holders so I used one from it and it fixed this problem...

Back