Can't get to programming mode to program my key fob??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That_Nat

Hey all,

Got my Puma yesterday with two keys; one remote and one plain. Both keys lock and unlock the central locking and start the car, but the IF remote didn't work. The light would come on if I pressed a button and the IR could be seen through a camera so I assumed it wasn't a battery issue.
Tried every method I could find to program the key but I can't get the car into programming mode. The light by the clock just keeps on flashing as it always does. Now to make things worse, I took the batteries out just to check inside, put them back in and now the bloomin' thing doesn't even light up. The connectors seem to be connecting as they should so I've no idea.

Any help with either issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Nat

I've got an IF remote and have never had a problem programming it. Silly question, but are you pointing it towards the interior light, as that's where the receiver is..?

Hi,

cheers for the reply. I can't even get to the point of aiming and pressing the buttons. The car doesn't go into programming mode.

Out of curiosity I tried anyway and yes, that is where I pointed it but naturally it didn't work.

Just to clear it up in case i didn't explain it very well - The part where you put the key in the ignition and depending which method you're trying turn the key blah blah, and the light by the clock stays on a little longer than usual indicating it's in programming mode - that's where the problem is. The light just flashes at the same rate as always and nothing happens.

Cheers.

Mine was the same, I could get into program mode but couldn't do anything from there. When I looked closer at the pcb I noticed scratch marks on one of the contacts so ended up really bending the springs out, much further than I was comfortable with and it worked.

Rob.

Can't get the car into programming mode.
I think of reconnecting the battery before trying to enter prog.mode again , so i could reset any electrics. Any other ideas?

Back