Can't remove front bumper

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicy 666

I have been trying for a couple of evenings to try and free the front bumper but the two main retaining bolts just won't budge! I have tried with every tool I own but it just won't budge! Any advice?

Good old WD40 or Bilt-Hamber Ferrosol might help loosen them up a bit?

Those bolts are a pain! They both snapped clean in half when I removed mine last week

havent tried the tightening thing so will give that a try tonight when i gets home. tried wd40 stuff but that doesnt seem to want to come free. dam thing ha ha!

On a related note, has anyone got a description of how you refit the big bolts? I can see any way to get to them once the bonnet is back in place?

M.

I meant bumper, not bonnet. :doh:

My question was how do you get tighten the nuts on the big bolts that hold the bumper on once it's fitted?

M.

Have a look in the 'How to's guide (2nd page) , there is a vey good guide to removing the bumper by ScubaSteve. Following his guide, I got mine off and back on without a problem. (Cheers Steve !)
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thats the link to it there maybe?
I sprayed copper grease over all the nuts, etc when I was putting everything back too - I think that helps

berniej said:
Have a look in the 'How to's guide (2nd page) , there is a vey good guide to removing the bumper by ScubaSteve. Following his guide, I got mine off and back on without a problem. (Cheers Steve !)
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thats the link to it there maybe?
I sprayed copper grease over all the nuts, etc when I was putting everything back too - I think that helps

Just be aware that if yours is an earlier car, there are some extra fixings not in that guide

ill have another look when the snow goes away. just seems every time i try the sockets just wont grip the nuts.

You got snow?? I was still in shorts yesterday! hope it clears I'm heading up north tomorrow :-(

You are using deep sockets aren't you? took me a while to figure that on out fumbling around blind behind there :lol:

not quite sure how i would achieve that to be honest. the bolts are still in place so i dont know if it would work just yet.

Im not help at all am i lol..... okay, so youve undone the 3 bolts on each side that attach the bumper to the side plates. Its just the two deep 13mm bolts that attach to the slam panel.... are your sockets deep enough? as the bolts maybe protruding to far? have you used wd40? have you tried a deep impact wrench?

Flying Scotsman said:
Instead of removing the front bumper from the car..... have you tried removing the car from the front bumper?

:lol: are you ok Mac?

Latest posts

Back