Car of the year 1997

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macatac

Here is the link for the video clip from Top Gear
Ford Puma Top Gear Car Of The Year 1997

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 9104268273

OMG!!! How have i never seen this on here before... :shock:

I soooo wanna go throw mine around a track...it looks so cool!!!

3 grown men squidged in it doesn't do 2 much 4 the image though....

sinjon said:
i keep trying to get my wife to let me try and re enact that in her puma but she keeps saying no :'(

ha! Got an air strip handy have you? Would be great fun, especially in the wet so you're not ruining your tyres!

Well, if Tiff Needell likes it, thats good enough for most! I suppose his only worry with it was the price, not an issue now, I'd call that a thumbs up! Cheers for finding that!

Noodoo said:
Well, if Tiff Needell likes it, thats good enough for most! I suppose his only worry with it was the price, not an issue now, I'd call that a thumbs up! Cheers for finding that!

Bit of a mixed review-he liked the seats but wasnt sure about rest of interior, loved exterior looks, and said handling was great on race track type surface but not on everyday roads. The last point is something Ive heard before from some owners, but that's the price you pay when it goes round corners so well.

I have been driving a standard 1.7 for the last week while my FRP is in for repair.
It is much nicer to live with as a everyday drive than the FRP and like Tiff says on uneven roads the car can get twitchy (decent Tyre's help)

But I wouldn't go back to a 1.7 :-D
On that smooth corner or roundabout the FRP is second to none!

FRP back today :cheer:
four figure repair bill :shock:

I have a 1.7 but wouldn't mind having a go of the FRP!
Jeeesus Christ man, 4 figures? What did you do?

Noodoo said:
I have a 1.7 but wouldn't mind having a go of the FRP!
Jeeesus Christ man, 4 figures? What did you do?

4 figures? A New wing or bumper fitted and painted would do that...

:hide:

Back