Car self breaking when going round bends!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reecey

Ive got a problem with my ABS at the moment as the ABS & TC lights are on. Im not sure if this would have anything to do with this, but as I accelerate round a bend, the car holds back as if its breaking. Then once the car has slowed itself down again, it carries on as normal.

Any ideas? Any experience with this problem? Please let me know, would be much appreciated...

Tough one, my first response would be to expect a grinding noise if it were ABS sensors/ABS kicking in.

Could it be that your brake pads are touch the discs when turning?

Wonder if it has something to do with the power steering draining engine power when steering?
Does the braking effect happen when you don't accelerate?

Sorry, more questions than answers! I'm sure more knowledgeable folk will be here soon!

it never happens when I accelerate on a straight road, just when I come to a bend in a country lane for example. It could be quite dangerous because it might bring the back end out. im thinking this must have something to do with the abs/tc, because im seeing the breaking as a sort of traction control kicking in but not knowing how much traction to put through the wheels due to the fault being there possibly?

Yeah the car has got nearly new tyres all round and the wheels are standard.

Back