Caraudiocentre!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seasofcaladan

Just wanted to let you all know about my experience with the Birmingham store of caraudiocentre. Very disappointed with the customer service!
After looking at a few front door speakers on their website I thought I would go into the store to discuss and hopefully be advised as to what would be a good fit for the Puma. I stated that I wanted a direct replacement and did not want to make any mods. As such they recommended some 5.25 Alpines to which I later discovered were not a direct replacement, plus I was charged £50 whereas on the website they are £43.
Next day I decided to go back and see what they had that would fit directly in. I was told that the 6.5 versions would indeed fit...
doing some research I now know that the actual size is 6 inch, so I asked for a refund and was told that it is company policy to not issue refunds. whereas on the website they do offer refunds. (I ended up taking the 6.5's)
I understand now that they do reserve the right to not offer refunds in some stores (for whatever reason) but it seems to me to be very bad practise when they do not declare this anywhere in the store or on the receipt. I certainly would have had second thoughts on buying from there had I clearly known that I could not return items.
Very annoying though this is, as I still have the speakers, the one thing that still annoys me is the complete lack of respect and basic professionalism that I experienced from the sales representative called Sud. He was dismissive and rude. Even claiming that it was my fault that I had bought the wrong speakers, when it was he himself that had claimed they would fit.
Anyhow this is just to let you all know about my experience and to highlight a lack of genuine customer service at the Birmingham branch of Caraudiocentre. Oh and if anyone's interested in a pair of Alpine spg-17c2...let me know. :D

seasofcaladan said:
[post]351650[/post] I understand now that they do reserve the right to not offer refunds in some stores (for whatever reason) but it seems to me to be very bad practise when they do not declare this anywhere in the store or on the receipt.
This falls under this - http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act which replaced the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

The goods suggested and supplied by the retailer are not fit for purpose. Contact your local Trading Standards people.

I would go back to the store and ask for refund again and if they won't provide you with one - quote the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

This tends to put the willies up them.

The best fit by far were the jl audio 600.. they don't make the cheaper tr version in the 6" size anymore unfortunately, but they are still available in the higher C2 range

:cool:

Chris

Hi Chris. I did indeed install a pair of JL tr650's back in May, after reading your audio guide over at pumapeople. Went straight in. Very happy with them, best sound I've heard without an amp.
Cheers
:)

Back