change colour of button lights...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiggZy

Hey, I'm picking up a blue puma Monday, and have found some kits to change the dashboard and clock lights to a blue colour over green, but Is there any way to change the colour of all the buttons and heating knobs to blue glow also? As in does each one have its own bulb or is it all lit from 1 little bulb.

Cheers guys :)

Quite a late reply but anyway. The dash and clock lights are relatively easy to change to blue:

And this epic moment for my puma's mileage..

(If you need more of a guide I'm sure there is one up on here, if not I'll do one for you)
Don't seem to have a picture of the clock, it's your choice between buying LEDs and soldering them on (hard) or buying a clock with a blue LED (easy, slightly more expensive)

However the lights behind the heater, under the window switches etc take quite a bit more skill to do, as you aren't changing bulbs, you're re soldering new LEDs. One is hard enough to do because of their size, but there are many of them. The heater has LEDs behind each number etc if I remember correctly.

In short, yes it can be done, and if you are good with a soldering iron, then it shouldn't be too difficult. If you're not though, it'll be a right pain.

I thought the heater was bulbs with a green film to transfer the light ;)

3dcandy said:
I thought the heater was bulbs with a green film to transfer the light ;)
Correct.

The old panels from the early Pumas have a green film that can be removed by dismantling the whole panel.
The newer panel from the later Pumas have the green film as part of the panel, so it can't be removed.

I've modded a few heater panels and as far as I'm aware, the only panels you can remove the green colour from is the older panels.

Latest posts

Back