Citroen Xantia-The results!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3boro

Today I detailed my brother-in-laws Citroen Xantia. This must be one of the tidiest around, only 25k miles!
No before shots unfortunately, but wasn't extremely filthy, just a bit dirty, but lacked that real shine and the trim was all faded, interior needed cleaning!

Products used....

Chemical Guys Clay Block and Luber
Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine Polish
Chemical Guys Pete's 53 Paste Wax
Lambswool Wash Mitt
Autoglym Bumper Care

Pictures....

DSCF1497.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1477.jpg

DSCF1486.jpg

DSCF1480.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1483.jpg

DSCF1485.jpg

DSCF1487.jpg

DSCF1488.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1489.jpg

Not bad for a N reg!!

Really good finish for an N reg!

:eek:k:

I'll have to show my boss that, he'll be so jealous!

His Xantia is a year older and about 100k more miles, but still in good condition. He's part of the Citroen owner's club and for some reason, loves them to bits!

cheers guys, like I said, immaculate really. Prev. owner stored it for around a year i think and hardly has any mileage on it.

Cherie said:
I'll have to show my boss that, he'll be so jealous!

He's part of the Citroen owner's club and for some reason, loves them to bits!

So am I/do I. We currently have a C5 2.2L Turbo diesel auto with Tiptronic box as well as the Puma.

Xantia's are very underated, we had two, which we changed for the above.

Activa - 150bhp 2.0L petrol Turbo and the other was a real "Q" car, 194bhp 3.0L V6, but looked like a standard Xantia.

V6 had a great engine noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ1RDUQI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

And here's one hitting the rev limiter!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjkNmVHF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

Cherie said:
a real "Q" car, 194bhp 3.0L V6, but looked like a standard Xantia.

V6 had a great engine noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ1RDUQI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

And here's one hitting the rev limiter!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjkNmVHF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

Yeh brother in law told me about the V6 version, never see any about though. And yeh they do look like any other xantia.

I believe the V6 was only available in the 'Exclusive' trim package...

I had a couple of Xantias as rentals and really liked them a lot :cool:
600+ miles a day no problem, really comfortable and the handling was good too.

Good example you've got there, I hope he's a member of the Citroën Car Club.

BOK said:
I believe the V6 was only available in the 'Exclusive' trim package...

Yes it was.

I had one as a Company car back in 1997, retail £21,500+.
In 2002, I bought a secondhand one, same year/colour/spec for £4,550!

I've always like Citroen's but never made the final jump and bought one for myself.

Bought my mother a little 05' C3 1.4SX in July 07 for a bargain £3601 as a little pressie for her. Got it off Ebay and the bloke I bought it off wasn't happy I got it so cheap...lol

Was going to sell it on for a few grand profit if she didn't want it.

Anyway, my mother is used to big cars of around 3 litre-ish and I was worried she'd slap me silly for getting her such a small car but nearly 2 years on and she still loves it and wonders why she never got a small car before as she thinks it's nearly as comfortable but a hell of a lot easier to drive. Plus it cost bugger all to run.

YOG said:
Yes it was.

I had one as a Company car back in 1997, retail £21,500+.
In 2002, I bought a secondhand one, same year/colour/spec for £4,550!

They weren't metallic red by any chance were they? That's the only colour I've ever seen them in!

Xantia is a new world Citroën...to get the full Citroën experience you need to drive an Old Skool one :cool:

I've driven 2CVs, Visa, C15D, DS19, ZX, XM, AX and BX. The DS was something really special :cool: They don't make them like they used to!

I still want to experience a CX GTI Turbo II and an SM one day :cool:

BOK said:
They weren't metallic red by any chance were they? That's the only colour I've ever seen them in!

Xantia is a new world Citroën...to get the full Citroën experience you need to drive an Old Skool one :cool:

Dark Grey Metallic, can't remember what they called it, also seen them in a "Bottle Green" metallic.

Many years ago, I had a GS Pallas as a company car (launched 1975, 1222cc air-cooled):
[fullalbumimg]1888[/fullalbumimg]

BOK said:
I still want to experience a CX GTI Turbo II and an SM one day :cool:

My dad drove a CX 25 GTI Turbo II for years as Head Chauffeur for a French Bank.

121520711_444475f3ac.jpg

Was a mental thing even for it's modest 166bhp. Was fun trying to get it in 1st gear when it was cold though. My dad's boss (Chairman of the bank) blew the engine up in dramatic style on the M4 one Saturday in a mass of hydraulic fluid and engine parts.
The boss of Renault UK and my Dads boss were best mates. He let my dad borrow Renault's Boss's Tuned Renault GTA (A610). I've never been so scared when I was 16.

gta.jpg

:shock:

A post above prompted my memory and I've just realised that I MIGHT have had a Citroen in the past. I vaguely remember having a Black BX Gti but it was at a time where I was going through a weird spell in my life when I was going to car auctions and buying a car or two a month then binning them to buy more.
It's just coming back to me as I type this...I did have one as I remember the suspension was on it's way out and I sold it on with only having drove it from the auction and then back to sell it on...lol

What was I doing....lol

yippeekiay said:
A post above prompted my memory and I've just realised that I MIGHT have had a Citroen in the past. I vaguely remember having a Black BX Gti but it was at a time where I was going through a weird spell in my life when I was going to car auctions and buying a car or two a month then binning them to buy more.
It's just coming back to me as I type this...I did have one as I remember the suspension was on it's way out and I sold it on with only having drove it from the auction and then back to sell it on...lol

What was I doing....lol

ooook lol, sounds like an interesting time! What else did you buy?

Dal said:
The boss of Renault UK and my Dads boss were best mates. He let my dad borrow Renault's Boss's Tuned Renault GTA (A610). I've never been so scared when I was 16.

gta.jpg

:shock:

That looks like one of the limited edition A610 'Le Mans' versions.
Beautiful car :cool:

Didn't much like the later facelift one with the Porsche 928 fogs, wasn't too sad when Clarkson smashed one up (and when BBC's Eldorado pretended to blow one up which turned out to be a mocked up TR7 lol)

Back