clean with some new bits (picture heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

just thought i would up some pics on my car just because i cleaned it and i have added some stuff to it:

1st: front view and badges

DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0475.jpg

2nd: from the back with the mud flaps and picture of back window with viynl

DSCF0472.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

3rd: just from the side to see the mud flaps

DSCF0473.jpg

thanks for looking and excuse the rust lol :)

hope you like!

Very smart, shining very well!

:eek:k:

Depends what you want it for, budget etc. If its looks and on a budget, just get springs. If its handling adjustable coilovers are what you need but will cost more. Ive got springs and there is a vast improvement in handling, but cant help thinking i should of got adjustables. Springs are the best comprimise IMO

does your street like red cars lol ?

nice work so far mate!

Springs are an improvement but springs with sports dampers would be better and as ben said coilovers are best.

It looks good, but I believe the 'Puma' symbol on the licence plate does not comply to UK regulations.

Edit: General + MOT

Which regulations would those be then?

I know of MANY pumas that have gone through MOTs with these badges, and looking at details of an MOT checklist, there is nothing in there that would apply. If there were, debadging a car would be an MOT failure, and there are a few cars I can think of that are produced without manufacturer badges as standard.

Cherie said:
Which regulations would those be then?

I know of MANY pumas that have gone through MOTs with these badges, and looking at details of an MOT checklist, there is nothing in there that would apply. If there were, debadging a car would be an MOT failure, and there are a few cars I can think of that are produced without manufacturer badges as standard.

Information quoted:

The British Standard requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: -
The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)
The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or componentsupplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean acompany whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)
A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters areoptional additions.
There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate

Link: http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/number_plates_registration_marks.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Note: The web link may be down at the moment)

My bad, didn't read the bit where you said licence plate! :oops:

I guess it depends on how strict the test centre is, whether they fail it or not. I've known a few apparently get through with no issues, particularly on older cars that still have older plates that don't feature all those details, simply because they're older than the regulations.

Cherie said:
My bad, didn't read the bit where you said licence plate! :oops:

I guess it depends on how strict the test centre is, whether they fail it or not. I've known a few apparently get through with no issues, particularly on older cars that still have older plates that don't feature all those details, simply because they're older than the regulations.

Actually Cherie I meant to say in general not just for the MOT!

Tickets can result due to issues with the plate.

Mark.

I know that, but I don't think that most police forces spend too much time one enforcing it unless the plate is in an illegal font, or spaced so that it cannot be read by the automatic plate recognition system. That obviously varies from county to county though.

Back