clutch bleed nipple casing snapped

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilson002

Tried to bleed the clutch but when tightening the bleed nipple the casing has snapped off any ideas? Its a 1.7 1998

I assume its now leaking ? In which case I cant see any option but to replace the slave cylinder which entails the gearbox coming off. It would probabyl be wise to replace the clutch at the same time.

Maybe someone will be along soon with some devilishly clever way to weld it or bond it, hope so

Good luck with it

if your very lucky you might be able to whack a torx bit into whats left of the nipple and undo it that way

I might have misunderstood his question but I think he means the casing on the slave cylinder broke rather than the nipple broke. :?

Sorry dude don't think that will work and would you trust the repair? I think Steve is right, on the plus side the new ones are an all plastic case with a hand operated 1/4 turn bleed nipple.

You´ve miss-understood my question,its the casing where the bleed nipple screws into has snapped not the bleed nipplecheers anyway

i think hes assuming you snapped it by using a spanner on the old type bleeder and that new ones are hand operated so lesss likely to snap

So correct me if I´m wrong,if get 1 of these new 1´s will it go through the snapped casing hole where the old bleed nipple goes or do I need the full gearbox...confused.com

you need to remove the gearbox and replace the slave cylinder, its all one peice and is held in by three bolts on the inside of the casing

bit of an expensive mistake (if you're getting a garage to do it) that im guessing you wont make again lol

The picture below shows the slave cylinder. The bleed nipple fits to one of the legs which I think you can just see. As Steve says, you need to remove the gearbox to replace this part.

ford-puma-clutch-slave-cylinder-bearing-hub_6309_500.jpg

Brilliant YOG I was just going to ask for piccies of the new kind. Are the new kind available on ebay yet or only from Fords?

There appears to be some pattern parts with the new valve on ebay, for Ka, Fiesta, Focus etc, so I guess futher enquiries would turn up one for a Puma.
One was priced at £25+, another at £70+.
Don't want to make you cry, but mine came from ebay, it's a Valeo/LUK (who make for Ford), and in true "yippeekiay" tradition, got it for £13.25, delivered!

Back to the OP, so you have broken part of the bell housing not the slave cylinder? Liquid metal would be fine there as its not a sealed casing.

Back