clutch master cylinder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilson002

Hi guys(and dolls!) ,has anyone done a removal and refitting the clutch master cylinder?Need a guide, due to the pedal sticking all the way down when pressed..well occasionally
Cheers

Sounds more like the slave cylinder, if it is, its' a gearbox out job:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New clutch, new slave cylinder and it has been pressure bled but still occasionally pedal sticking.So next is the clutch master cylinder but just need guide to remove and refit new 1

Why didn't you give that information in your first post and save wasting people's time posting answers?

could be a faulty slave cylinder,never rule it out even tho you have had a new 1 fitted,and as Yog has said,correct info in 1st post makes a big difference to what advice you get :eek:k:

master cylonder removal is just dosconnect the hoses in the bay, release the pins on the pedal side, then unbolt the master cylinder assembley

Don't forget to check the obvious and have a look at the carpet near the pedal, and the pivot point too.

Hey sorry for wasting time for some but in my first post I did point out the clutch master cylinder not other possibilities for clutch problem
Cheers anyway for your help

wilson002 said:
Hey sorry for wasting time for some but in my first post I did point out the clutch master cylinder not other possibilities for clutch problem
Cheers anyway for your help

As you will find on this Forum people are more than willing to help a stuck Puma owner and in most cases go out of there way to help big time. Sometime posts come on with initial diagnosis not always the fault. As with your recent clutch, cylinder change did this fault exist before hand? I had a faulty slave before when changing clutch before and was a complete pain in the arse as I obviously had to take box out again. Another one of the reasons now I don't put pattern parts on my car.

Cheers

Ally

Back