Clutch position sensor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palix91

Hi guys,
yesterday I was removing buzzer out of fuse box and apparently I relased clutch position sensor out of position. I realized that when car started jerking while driving and relase gas. Fixed it, now its ok and in position it is supposed to be. My question is, how much is clutch lever suppose to push sensor stick? when my lever is fully relased it push sensor stick for 2-3 mm but there is space to push it for at least 2 cm to be fully pushed. Does it make any difference if I attach something to clutch lever to make it pushing sensor stick more or is it ok the way it is right now?
Thank you very much :)

Basically, the models built up to 1998. had adjustable pedal travel and that is why I think there is scope for adjusting the switch as well. All subsequent models have self adjusting pedal travel and no adjusting is necessary. Have a check on the using multimeter and determine if it is closed or open when released and then adjust it accordingally to the pedal travel of the clutch pedal when pressed to achieve the same state

Back