cold air induction

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Hi,

What would seem to be the best way to fit a cold air induction kit on to my 1.7 Puma?

I notice a lot of kits for sale say "not to be fitted with the MAF" and they all say remove the existing filter box - which is a given - but what do you do / make up to surround the new cone filter to protect it from getting damp?

Also - I recently saw a fiesta with a 1.7 puma engine in it and a cold air induction kit fitted whereby a cone had been fitted into the grill with a pipe feeding to the induction kit - would there be any benefit in doing this on a puma?

regards,

Hi
There's details for fitting a cold air feed on my project thread if you want to wade your way through it.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]345980[/post] Hi
There's details for fitting a cold air feed on my project thread if you want to wade your way through it.
Barry

No Pictures?!

You're right! There has been some work on photobucket today so, hopefully everything will be ok tomorrow. Have another look tomorrow :)
Barry

I have seen a cold air induction kit on eBay - which I intend to fit on to my 1.7 Puma.

I assume that I have to remove the old air filter box and somehow fabricate something in its place to protect the cone from getting wet?

As the breather pipe will be removed from the engine - do I have to add a breather filter to the engine?

Also - where does the cold air feed come from to get to the new induction kit?

All help welcome - especially if I sound like I have got confused.

regards,

You could always do the FRP mod to your air box, easy to do, second hand K&N, glue gun and drain pipe, really cheap alternative to getting an of the shelf cone filter which will suffer from engine heat gain if not segregated effectively.

Frp483 said:
[post]346248[/post] You could always do the FRP mod to your air box, easy to do, second hand K&N, glue gun and drain pipe, really cheap alternative to getting an of the shelf cone filter which will suffer from engine heat gain if not segregated effectively.
the frp mod is the go..... Did it myself..was easy enough... intake manifold temps are nice and low..

Back