Crashtor Maldonado will not race in F1 this season

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Praise the lord! :thumbs:

Good that an actual driving talent such as Magnussen gets the drive in place of "pay as you crash drive" Maldonado.

The oil company funds must be really low as they're not even going to go for a seat at Manor

The man got banned from Monaco for life in 2005 after he ignored flags and crippled a marshal, the only reason he got to race there was his sponsors paid Monaco officials to let him in.

Still - he might end up in Formula E then he'll have 2 cars to crash per race.

Pastor definitely has talent. You don't win the GP2 championship with a midfield team beating Perez and Bianchi if you don't have talent.

What he seems to lack is the mental capacity to cope with the complexity of the modern F1 car. Most of his accidents occurred while changing settings or looking at the wheel.

Most racing formulas have 'pay drivers' in some shape or form. I have no issue with drivers being sponsored on the basis of genuine talent, (such as Lewis' early career) but it takes the mickey that Maldonado has been able to stick around so long at the expense of others.

Sad to say as a Brit but for me, Will (rich daddy) Stevens doesn't deserve to stay either. He comes across as a particularly arrogant character, criticising other drivers with a sense of entitlement way above his station.

Let's hope it's the beginning of the end for drivers whose wallets are bigger than their talent.

My wish was granted although it seems he has been replaced by another pay driver!

Will Stevens: Manor replace Briton with Rio Haryanto for 2016
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35601621

Back