Ford Racing Puma Press Launch San Francisco December 1999

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the old gimmer

Following on from Fords very successful TV advert of Puma in 1977, a number of the motoring press were invited out to San Francisco in December 1999 to drive the New Racing Puma.
Six cars we’re shipped out to San Francisco in a Virgin Jumbo Jet. The assembled motoring press were invited to drive the cars around San Francisco with the theme tune of Bullet playing, before being taken to a nearby race circuit.

 I remember the ads but saw Pumas before that at the Miltary Tattoo that used to be on at Earls Court possibly in July/ August 1996 before the ads were on the TV and thought that they looked pretty cool!

 I remember the ads but saw Pumas before that at the Miltary Tattoo that used to be on at Earls Court possibly in July/ August 1996 before the ads were on the TV and thought that they looked pretty cool!
What a coincidence, you mentioning seeing the Ford Pumas at Earls Court, it must have been around that time when I took my kids to the Tomorrows World Show at Earls Court, Ford had got a stand with the Ford Puma Concept car complete with a cosworth engine and 4 wheel drive, it looked amazing.
Years later my daughter brought her first car, a beat up Ford Fiesta 1.25, I had a go in it and thought it was a really great little car with great handling.
Well the rest is history, remembering the concept car and realising that the Puma was based on the Fiesta I purchased my First Racing Puma,
It always puts a smile on my face, I’ve never looked back

What a coincidence, you mentioning seeing the Ford Pumas at Earls Court, it must have been around that time when I took my kids to the Tomorrows World Show at Earls Court, Ford had got a stand with the Ford Puma Concept car complete with a cosworth engine and 4 wheel drive, it looked amazing.
Years later my daughter brought her first car, a beat up Ford Fiesta 1.25, I had a go in it and thought it was a really great little car with great handling.
Well the rest is history, remembering the concept car and realising that the Puma was based on the Fiesta I purchased my First Racing Puma,
It always puts a smile on my face, I’ve never looked back
A colleague had a Puma and I envied her. I had to wait a while before I could afford one but as soon as I sat in the driver's seat of one to try before I bought, it felt like it was made for me!

Back