creaking from front

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuey650

For a couple of weeks I've had a creaking noise coming from the front, seems quite sensitive I'e just driving along a relatively flat road you can hear it, also when turning the wheel it creaks. Sounds like its coming from front left, so jacked up car and removed wheel yesterday, put another jack under the hub to push up and down the suspension, I think the noise is coming from the antiroll bar, as if you hold that whilst jacking the hub you feel the "ting" along it when i creaks. Can't see how that can cause a creak unless one of the rubbers is really dry but from what you can see without removing the bracket they look find, not perished or anything. The drop links that go from antiroll to struts again look fine aswell, is it worth replacing them to see or any thoughts?

the noise sounds like top mounts anything anti roll bar related you will get a rattle over uneven road will drive you mental! might get away with removing them and greasing them up but for all that work i would just replace them!

Eventually got to the bottom of this! The noise went from a creaking noise to a knocking noise, originally just when turning left but in the last few weeks no matter which way you turned. This made finding the fault alot easier, replaced the driver side drive shaft yesterday and as I hoped the noise is gone. Woo hoo it's been about 6 months since it started. Weird thing is I can't see anything obviously wrong with the old shaft, was expecting it to be obvious when I pulled back the robber boots but turning it by hand it feels fine, obviously a different story when under load.

Latest posts

Back