Damaged door seal giving a lot of wind noise, any advice?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using a roof rack for my bike a while now and where the front drivers side clamp sits seems to have dented the door seal. It's giving a load of wind noise.
Any advice on the best method to fix it appreciated.

Thanks

Do you mean the seal around the window frame or the seal that goes all around the door frame?

Just replace it with one from a car being broken it shouldnt cost much.Just a five min job pulling the rubber off and popping the new one on.

I already sold mine but have the frames that go around the window and form the top of the door if that had been the problem

Actually Ian I thik hes talking about the main door frame seal where roof rack clamps have squeezed the door rubber.

Either way, they both come off.

I've actually got a window frame rubber to go out for the same reason - buyer said rubber around the door, I sent it, but they meant the other rubber around the door :oops:

Might starting asking for pictures :lol:

I have window frame rubbers if he needed those. Ive never actually seen a roof rack for a gutter less car so I wasnt sure if it had crushed his door rubber or bent out out of shape his window frame rubber

Well it seems unanimous to replace it, so Ian hopefully you can sort me with one. And yeah to confirm it is the door frame rubber, not the window.
How do they fit on, are they sticky or do they just fit on to a runner? If they are sticky are replacements still sticky?
Thanks for all the replies too guys.

No they just pull off and push on again no stickyness. Just take note where the join in the seal is (i.e middle bottom I think and start the new seal where the old seal began if you know what I mean.

Back