Dash 'resetting' on startup

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

si1881

Finally got my Puma taxed and back on the road today after being SORN since March but it appears to have developed an oddity...

Every couple of times you start the car the dash seems to reset (needles going all the way round and trip resetting to zero etc) but doesn't do it every time, battery tests as ok on the charger I have and car starts fine with no sluggishness from the battery? Thought it was me the first time last week on moving it aroung but went on a run of about 60 miles earlier then just went out to put it back in the garage over night and as it fired off went the dash again and trip reset to 0 ?!

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried doing the diagnostic thing with the dash just and it reads out 'Pass' on the things I think it is meant too... Everything else seems to be working and the gauges/rev counter/speedo all seem to work fine once its done its reset. Coming from having had an Alfa I'm used to weird electrics...

Back