Ditched my classic mini and zetec s and Bought a PUMA!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaxeman

Hello peeps,
Ive just got rid of a zetec s and bought a puma! due to the zetec s being to common and not having as much style now i work in a body shop and just a few questions??
ive started stripping and tending to the bodywork, Ive also started with
Sports suspension
ms design front spliter and rear- missing side skirts?
de lensed the rear lights to tie into body
half preped to have full respray in focus rs white?? any ideas??
brand new interior off ebay
built in sat nav

My questions??
Alloys at the moment i have standard alloys and im looking to change any ideas? sizes??
where on earth would i get the ms side skirts?
and just things i should look for to make mine stand out from the rest??
Many thanks

DUCKMAN!!!

Hello,

You can get the MS kit from PumaSpeed still I think.

17" multispoke alloys are my preference.

To make it stand out you could make it into a monster truck?

Haha!! Yeah a moster truck sounds interesting i might get back on Ebay!
thanks for the head's up about the kit im having a look now
and cheers for the heap up about the alloys serching for deep dish ones also!
ive got till the end of the year to make it show standard due to entering a diffrent car into bromley pagent every year.
and apart from the racing puma i can't find anything on the net that is diffrent!!

There's a good performance modification guide here

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6303&hilit=modification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure I stickied a cosmetic modification guide a while ago, but can't find it for the life of me!

Fantastic info mate. Will come in handy
the only thing left to decide is the colour?
and type of alloy and those damm expensive side skirts im missing haha!

Cheers man yeah i had a white zetec s and that turned some heads but i think the puma's have got so much more style! and im really shocked at the great handling,
So im going to hit in the rs white or pearl white?
did that guy post any pics? im interested in the black roof idea?
have you got your puma on here im so new to this site just trying to get to grips haha :cool:

Welcome

A word of warning about MS Designs side skirts, it is nigh on impossible to jack the Puma up using the standard jack with these skirts fitted, also the front splitter like most splitters does not like kerbstones and will be damaged/chipped.

MSD Rear spoiler - i have onf fitted (pictures in my gallery), it sets the back of the car off nicely.

RS White, looks good, but a few White Pumas are about now, i always liked prismatic paint, but it is very expensive.

Alloys are a personal preference, but 17 inch rims will affect your handling and ride quality and needs to be set up properly too, also your speedo reading will be affected

If your bodyshop is not listed in the Puma garage list already, link in my signature block, then write up a short report to show what work you do, plus address, phone number and website if available, and i will add it to the list

Many thanks for your link that's helped more than you can imagine to be honest, pearl white with a black roof snapped up the paint today as i layed my last coat of primer today, also found the sideskirts from a bodykit shop in north london collecting tommorow evening along with 17inch deep dish alloys..
Moving back to the paint job, im guessing i just hit the roof in panther black? but do i stay away from the tailgate?
thank you for the link for the garage list as my old man owning hes own garages for donkeys years i will do a full write up in the morning.
thanks you lot for your advice and tips!

and one more thing pumas are common in bromey? i go to bromley pagent car show my old man also tends to the music at the event, do you guys meet and display? :eek:

Back