Door mechanism

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tilley

Hope someone can help.
1) My drivers door will not lock. When turning the key to lock the door, the mechanism works (you can hear it whirring) but the handle inside springs back open. I have removed the door panel but cannot see anything obvious although when turning the key in the lock with door open nothing seems to move on the latch (but maybe this is normal with the door in open mode)
2)Also my passenger door will not open. The handle inside moves very slightly when attempting to open with the key but the latch appears to be jammed and the mechanism cannot be heard whirring.
3)Neither door will operate from the key fob although has a new battery and has been reprogrammed. The passenger door does not respond at all i.e. no whirring sound and the drivers door will only only respond to the unlock button.
4)Using the master keys has no affect either
5) The boot opens ok with both the remote and the key.
Does anyone have any suggestions

My best Guess would be that the Locks are broken... you might be able to remove them, and clean, and grease them up. But personaly i would get New once :) or used that work :)

Also check the wierimg to the door, it might be shorted and cause some problems :)

I have a full lock set and wiring to the lock sensors for sale if you need them. :thumbs:

Back