Driving in the Snow

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van_Dammesque

What a great drive the Puma really is! :cool:
It was a great experience to drive in the ice and snow tonight, the car's feedback was impeccable. It lets you know exactly what is going to happen before it does happen (if that makes sense!).
I wasn't booting it; driving real slow, most people I saw were all over the place!

:thumbs:

Funny isn't it! Puma's do seem to be a bit of a weapon in slippery conditions! Lots of traction somehow.

I can remember pulling neatly out of a parking space on sheet ice while the RAV4 in the bay next to me failed entirely to get going. :lol:

I love how we get at least one of these threads per year. I seem to recall last years iteration saying the Puma was rubbish in the snow as well :lol:

All cars work in the snow if the drivers know what the hell they are doing and have decent tyre tread. :lol:

Have to say I ain't looking forward to driving the RX if there's snow on the odd occasion it comes out. It's tail happy in the dry never mind something slippery under foot. :|

Talking of driving in the snow here's a picture I took of my Melina Puma in 2007

25654040001_large.jpg

yippeekiay said:
Have to say I ain't looking forward to driving the RX if there's snow on the odd occasion it comes out. It's tail happy in the dry never mind something slippery under foot. :|
I have the oppostie problem... or same problem opposite end, my current bus (Vectra) has over 200bhp and 220 lbs/ft of torque through the front wheels and understeers at the slightest provocation.
Should be fun when the snow finally gets here :grin:

I drove the ZX in the snow yesterday and the Puma was 100% better in the white stuff. Although I haven't got ABS in the ZX, missing that.

(Saying that the ABS was broken in the Puma, so probably would have been just as bad)

On my way home last night (our road is still pretty icy) loads of cars creeping by slowly on the other side of the road.. I just drove normally and pumba was fine :cool:

snow is fine there is grip there, its ice that catches you out however good you think you are. ABS is no help at all when its icy as i found out today, i was being slow and delecate as you can on the pedal, and the pedals pulsing and wheels locking in to junctions and roundabouts. One question i have is, was traction control exclusive to the 1.7 models?. I have a 1.6 and i'm sure it doesn't have it and i wonder if this was an option available. This puma loves to spin its wheels up with no encouragement so i get nowhere, cheers low ratio box i have to drive very delicately when the roads ice, more so it seems compared to everyone else.

Do you have a traction control light on your dash when you switch your ignition on? Looks like a little wheel spinning. Mine is located next to my ABS light but in the earlier models both lights are one each side of the speed gauge

yes there is a traction control light there with the ignition on, but i haven't noticed the revs being cut when the wheels spin, seems to have no effect as far as i can feel. I understand there is a low speed and high speed traction control programme in the puma (any speed really) anyway don't want to be seen moaning i agree with the first post it is a great drive i can't complain, still quite a popular car and i can see why,i have seen 3 mint ones today driving round my area.

Is that all, so vey low speed traction control, no wonder i don't notice it as when i spin up the speedo is always reading more than 10 by that time

Latest posts

Back