Driving Roads.co.uk

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

An interesting site containing some great driving routes throughout the country.

Well worth a look.

http://www.drivingroads.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is really informative Neil!!

I was thinking of posting a thread towards the end of the year to see if 'Project Puma' as a club or just some members would like to do a UK road trip for about 10-14 days during the summer months of 2013. I was planning a circumnavigation of the coastline with some stop offs in requested locations, a trackday, maybe a car show and as you have posted, some great driving roads.

So this is really useful! :thumbs:

better off arranging a trip to the ring

every german road is a driving road :lol:

I'd certainly be up for that. I've done the 'Ribblehead Run' in North Yorkshire several times - they are fantastic roads.

(This is all assuming my Milly plan comes to fruition!)

Is the ring not ..... dead?

Im sure it was closed?

But I also have a Euro road trip in the planning right now and one of the final destinations was the Nordschleif

I'm off on another Nissan Leaf gig tomorrow. Edinburgh, then Wetherby.

I have used the Skoda for all the events so far, but the A68 between Darlington and Edinburgh DEFINITELY calls for the 996

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Flying Scotsman said:
Is the ring not ..... dead?

Im sure it was closed?

But I also have a Euro road trip in the planning right now and one of the final destinations was the Nordschleif

not at all,its still operating as is, lots of the media story is not true or just overhyped, from a guy that lives next to the ring that knows some of us lot that go over

"This is entirely untrue, the translation from the German is incorrect. The Nurburgring circuits are owned by the government and are currently leased to a private company for them to operate. The private company are in the process of removing themselves from the contract.
There is some uncertainty as to who will operate the tracks in the future, it may be that the government will operate it directly again, as happened in the past.
There is no serious threat, just a lot of politics. The media really need to stop reporting what they think is happening and just see the track opening as usual. If there is any damage being done at the moment it seems it's mostly the media causing it."

Just before the border heading North :grin:

A68.jpg

Back