Ecoboost 1.6 / ST180 swap - info needed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure that I have read that the st180 engine is available as a create engine in the USA and that ford performance sell a complete off the shelf ecu and loom with standard map to be custom fitted to after market installation, once fitted you can upload an map you want ( montune 215 etc). If I could find the right project, I.e a mk3 or a cat D FRP I'd have ago.

I'm on a similar endeavour: I'm going to use a 1.6 Ecoboost in my kitcar I'm building.
I will try to get away from the aftermarket ECU (around £2k) and work on the standard ECU to be bought from eBay + loom (down to £400). The difference of cost makes the challenge worthy!

Points of interest I so far got acquainted to:
1. the ECU will need the keyless transponder to work (It seems Fiesta ST 1.6 came only with keyless option as my wiring diagram doesn't show the wiring for normal ignition key). If you get one of the eBay's set, that would work.
2. It seems there is no need for the body controller box. Just seems...

Where am I now?
1. I have the engine on the swivel with me looking at it thinking "where shall I start with?".
2. Preparing myself to start the basic work: timing belt, water pump, crankshaft seals, clutch, and maybe flywheel.
3. looking for a gearbox to mate with it. I dont want to use the 6-speed ST one.

Cheers.

kerob_labs said:
3. looking for a gearbox to mate with it. I dont want to use the 6-speed ST one.

Standard IB5 should work without problem. I assume you'd have to swap the flywheel and that is it...
How long would it withstand the 240 Nm is another question....

I wonder if the DMF can be used with the standard IB5, because indeed I dont know if the standard single mass and clutch will survive.

Hi

I bought a Focus ecoboost 150 HP.
Thinking about Putting IT into my Puma with a Aftermarket Ecu.
Maybe the engine fit's easy with the holders. I will See ist.
Anybody have Infos for a elektrical Servo Pump?
May i could put IT in the place from the AC compressor

Wild E. Coyote said:
Check my thread. You will find most of information you look out for there

you mean the link on the last side of your tread?
Ecu i have someone in germany.
Things i would like to know
- Servopump (eco boost hasn`t it)
- Speed for the dash. Maybe an ecu with aftermarket dash
- Engine an gearbox holder. I think i must do custom work.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back