Engine Hesitates?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviec696

Hi all,

Nuffin drastic but something i have noticed now the weather is gettin warmer...Nice isn't it by the way... :grin:

When Im driving I go to put on the Air/Con and there is a little cough from the engine as though all of a sudden it's draining the battery.There is a very slight loss in power as well which returns as soon as I turn the Air/con off again.Weird I know and I can live with it...

It's very slight and I,m not sure a passenger would notice the change but I certainly do....

Confused .com

It does that. It's normal for aircon-ed cars.

You should see the effect switching aircon on has on a ka 1.3 engine...! :lol:

If you have the aircon on, your engine will be down on power about 10%. Sit in it at night and turn it on, then off, then on and see your lights dim. The front heated screen switch does the same :D

If you floor the throttle 100% it should cut the aircon motor out to give you 100% again. Apparently.

It does dal, ive noticed this when pushing it in hot weather, if you overtake something and floor it you will notice the air going warm for about 30 seconds after you have done it.

Incidently i thought it was about an 8% loss :p

Back