Everyday frp

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanG

Couldn't agree with you more I'm currently doing the underside on mine in stonechip etc as its my daily runner I do around 4000 miles a year which isn't that many but love the car to drive and couldn't see it sat in a garage while I wait for a dry day I think there brilliant fun in the wet lol
As long as you keep on top of them especially underneath I don't see why they can't be used regular.
Mines getting a new engine this year coming and will still be my daily runner :)

To preserve it for driving enjoyment for the next 50 years when it is sunny rather than letting it rot over a few years.

I have mine fully stripped underneath at the moment and its not bad at all considering its a 100k miles car.
I can assure you that when I'm finished it will last just as long as a standard car used mainly on summer days, as there not that well protected underneath as standard.

i agree....it may be special but its only a ford. i try to drive mine every day altho an engine rebuild and an expensive commute have meant she hasn't been on the road a lot this year.... :-(

I am hoping i have still got another 40to50 years to enjoy it on dry days !!!
frp476 said:
You cant fit an frp in ya coffin enjoy it while your here :) :)

Had my FRP as my daily, absolutely loved every minute of it and never failed to crack a smile
always looked forward to driving it :D

Never seen the point in putting a car away over winter for it to sit and rot and cease up, get the wax out man!

im growing to the idea tho....im gonna end up with an electric car for commuting (33p commute instead of £6, no tax etc) and a petrol car for fun...

but if im going to have a low mileage, special, fun car i think i can do better than an frp....like a classic alfa (no tax) or aston v8 vantage (which is £500 a year to tax so may as well stay off the road for 6 months!!)

but, yeah, i dont really see the point of keeping an frp in a garage for just sunny days

Unfortunately I bought mine for everyday use but I just can't do it. It's one of the most special cars I've ever driven. I should have bought one with more miles on it. Driving it to work and back seemed like a waste. So I bought a cheap 306 for everyday use.

Mine stays tucked up unless its dry, but its always taxed insured and never "sorn'd", I have a Focus for everyday driving.

I used to love driving mine daily :) having that option of just cruising around normally then when the opportunity arises going for a blast around the countryside without faffing around with covers etc...

i am missing mine....i'll happily sl@g off the 'polish it' brigade but i suppose im just as bad...its currently off the road cos i keep taking it apart to fiddle with stuff....

my idea of 'fiddling' tho is fitting rally parts, a v6 and 4x4, painting it in rally colours (myself), fitting lighter parts....after all, it is only a ford...and if you insist on garaging and polishing a ford may i suggest therapy??!!!

i am glad i bought an older / rougher one tho as it would have been scrapped by now, i can understand why some people keep a mint one very clean, just dont understand the lengths they go to...it is a car...it should be driven, regularly.

|I get withdrawal symptoms if i go more than a week without driving one of mine...they really are a joyful car...

Back