exit mani

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aberdarepuma

To start with I wanted to make a cheap turbo build while I learn abit about it so was hoping to keep the puma axit manifold and build off tht??? Is this visable or do I need a custom mani straight up? Sum1 mentioned focus 1.6, thanks Darren

Yes you can use the standard exhaust manifold and have a flange plate welded in place that your turbo will attach to.
Madhillbilly has this setup on his engine and has worked for him as he has not tried to pull 400 horses out of his engine.

But yes it is possible.I was going to use this option but sold mine and set my sights on a personalised custom one.

It wld have to be welded on, I cldn take the top flange from standard cat build pipe from there to turbo which will be located top of gearbox? Dus that sound about right or am I tlkin crap lol

Youre on the right lines but the flange from the cat... the internal diameter will be wrong, you need the internal diameter to be the same as your turbo flange. T25/28 if youre using that. But this manifold will position your turbo low just off the gearbox at the back of the engine.

A custom flange is required to be made and welded on

Yeah... That most certainly will be custom, but consider where the bonnet is....
Have a look on ebay at civic and silva t25/28 manifolds, they hold the turbo nice and high... I bought one of them to have cut up and played with.

But youre going into the realms of custom with that... and costly... where LMS will do you a good enough one for a good enough price...

And by all means ask away... I pester the hell out of people on here, and knowledge i have gained from them im more than willing to help out.

Awesome! I'm really struggling with this exhaust malarky I wanna make it cheap as possible to start see but where the manifold ends there's not a huge gap to the gerobox, unless it goes over and under the servo dun really fancy that tho : /

Its tight at the back for sure (No edits evilrob) but i think what i call a swirling manifold really helps to raise the turbo giving good space.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-CALIBRA-CAVALIER-2-0L-8V-C20NE-T25-T28-TURBO-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-/180884795713?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1d92f141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/turbo-manifold-for-mk1-mk2-mk-3-golf-16v-turbo-RS2-T25-Flange-exhaust-racing-/271094848084?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1e831a54" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-9-5-Stainless-Tubular-Manifold-T25-Flange-/221167061600?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337e958a60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-1988-1997-4AFE-1-6L-T25-TURBO-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-/180767267205?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a16919985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just food for thought.....

Thats similar to what i got... now my expert cut it apart to make it flow better... you'll be wanting exhaust manifold flanges as well for these 10mm specially made.
I had mine made by a laser metal fabricator... i forget their name...

this is all getting very confusing : / lol any chance i cld pop and see you one day as u seem very knowlaedganble id like to actually see 1, as no1 near me has anythinng like this goin on

Well currently Im in Jordan... lol and will be fore a few month.
But PumaNoob on here has my turbo and manifold parts as he is making me a one off custom design from his experince. A lot of my knowledge has come from his help and guidance.

oh well jordans just out of my way lol, however i may hit up pumanoob, he is incredable eveyrtime i want to know something the answers i get are so benificial off him fp the mans a puma genious!!!

Just watch, and I know he'll read this... But Erroll knows that much he will give so much more information than you expect that that in itself can be confusing... But you are right... he is a font of knowledge...

Yeah I know I need simple terms I read some of the things he writes abou ratios ect ect and looses me lol I honestly ddn know there was that much to know about turbos lol

lol, sorry, i get carried away and go off on little rants that mean nothing to nobody except me!!

Flying Scotsman said:
Its tight at the back for sure (No edits evilrob)
It would be rude for Rob not to comment on that!!!

For the original question, i used a standard exhaust manifold on my 1st puma, worked really well. But i found it easier to move the turbo back from the block by cutting the complete bottom flange off the standard manifold, and getting a new 10mm plate welded on. Then i cut a hole where i wanted the gas to flow through, and then drilled and tapped the 4 holes where the turbo bolts onto it. I actually have it off the car at the moment so i can get some pics if it will help?

Thats right, spelt slightly different (Erroll), but whats a few letters between mates!! :lol: Ill get some snaps tomorrow for you, might be worth sending me a pm tomorrow to remind me, Mac will tell you, i can be VERY forgetful!! :oops:

Ok mate I will thanks its a great help Erroll :), no1 around me has anything like this I think you 1 of the closest its so hard to learn anything about it just from words : /,, I've got so many questions haha. Thanks for helping tho
Speak 2morrow Darren

Latest posts

Back