Fiesta metal or zetec s??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynandy

The time is approaching to change my aging puma for something newer:( I'm thinking of a fiesta.
I need something that has the same sort of go in it as my puma has.. It's not a standard Puma, it's a 1.7 with a 4 into one manifold, sports cat and a powerflow custom exhaust. Together with a 57i induction kit.
It has great throttle response pulls well and is fun to drive.
Here's the problem I've got.. I've driven 2 standard fiesta metals and can honestly say my old puma will whip its ass. So ok I could fit a induction kit and powerflow exhaust to the metal. But as the zetec s has a mere 14bhp less than the metal would I be better off saving a few grand and buying a zetec s to modify??
Has anyone out there modified a metal or Zetec s??? What sort of difference in performance did you gain??
I have a difficult decision to make...

Does it have to be a mk7 Fiesta?

A mk6 ST is a bit faster than a Puma (about the same as an FRP) great fun to drive and quite a bit cheaper, even for a minter.

Or take the zetec s / Metal to mountune to give it some more beans?

http://www.mountune.com/index.php/services/performance-upgrades/fiesta/fiesta-b299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife has a Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 petrol (Titanium but same engine and power as the Zetec S) and yes, the Puma is quicker in general, but also puts its power down far better. To get a Fiesta anywhere near the pace of a Puma, you'd be looking at modifying more than just the engine to get the same amount of fun.

As Dal says, the Mk6 ST has to be a better buy.

Get the Metal as it's already quicker than a Zetec S so you're starting from a better position modifications wise

I was racing an 08 plate zetec s and the time I got to 3rd gear no joke I couldn't see the Fiesta. Best cbuy is a st. Air filter and exhaust with manifold and it takes it up a good bit

Back