fluid leaking from back wheel????

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wainie

hi people
ive recently noticed a small spot of fluid on the ground on my driveway, where the drivers side back wheel is always parked?
i noticed it more n more this past week even in my space at work, its not coming from my brake drums as ive had a quick look round them n everything is as it should be, i'm not too clued up on cars but could it be my suspension? ive noticed a clunking noise from the back end when i mount the kerb or driveway............anyone help??

The damper could be leaking but it's not as viscous and doesn't normally drip.

Although clunk may indicate a failed damper.

Could also be the pipes leading to the drum, follow them back along the beam.

I think the most likely cause of a leak here is the brake cylinder inside the drum or the connection to the cylinder on the back of the drum or the connection to the copper pipe. Jack it up put it on stands take the wheel off and have someone pump the brakes and have a look.check that the connections are tight and that the rubber pipe isnt split. Then follow the brake pipe forward and look there.At some point you may have to take the drum off and have a look at the brake cylinder. Keep a close eye on your brake fluid level as well.

Good luck with it

Thanks guys.......looks like i'll be getting my hands dirty over the weekend then? :thumbs:

Back