focus woes!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myweepuma

our focus 1.6 2002 has been having a hard time since october when it was time for the timing belt change went into the local garage had a new timing belt kit picked it up later the same day on the drive home i thought it felt a little different but nothing obvious.

when taking the car out the next morning it was more obvious something was wrong as it seemed to struggle to pick up speed when taking away from junctions or going uphill returned the car to the garage for them to investigate it as we were worried they'd messed up the timing they called me about 10 mins after i dropped it off to say they think they know what the problem was as the flexi pipe had came away from the manifold so this was replaced and we got the car back the next day but the car was still the same although not as bad the problem seems to be more intermitent when it can go days where its fine and you don't notice the problem to days where you cant get it to go up a hill or even get it to go over 40mph

the car doesn't kangaroo or over rev it just doesn't pick up speed like it should there doesn't appear to be any kind of pattern to the problem and there's no warning its going to do it either

the timing has been checked by the original garage a second garage and my husband and there all sure the timing is correct i have the car booked tomorrow for diagnostic as am getting to the just call the scrappy stage does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be could the garage have disturbed something when doing the belt? while this focus saga continues my poor puma is being neglected!

:? Sounds pretty rotten, I can't help but I hope you get it sorted.

Have you asked on any of the focus forums?

No fault codes found... So as a last ditch attempt to cure her before I murdered her bought a timing kit and timing tools and hubby went I for the kill! And since Monday night the car hasn't struggled! Yesterday I got uphill in 4th gear! Am not counting my chickens yet hubby said when looking at the timing it looked ok but he did have to adjust the timing ever so slightly so it would appear it's been done wrong in the first place!

Note to hubby if you had just done it in the first place we wouldn't be £800 out of pocket trying to fix it and my puma wouldn't be a target for the local scrap scavengers!

Back