FOGLIGHT SWITCH SO IT WILL ONLY WORK WHEN PARK LIGHT ON?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puma89

I Installed a fog light set earlier on my car, this set didnt have a relay I therfore bought a
relay set. Later on bought a original ford fog switch.

Also found out I cant use fog light with other lights than the parking light.

So I am wondring a bit how to install it

The relay has a spole 85 and 86
the relay switch is 30 and 87.

85-----I___I-------86

30________/ _____87

Basically I wired mine to only be able to turn on when the parking/side lights are on or when all the lights are on. I did not use a relay as the switch itself has a similar "relay" function. Cant really remember clearly what I did as it was about 2 years ago but I got the power from the stereo unit and also from spliced into the side lights switch to get a signal.

You might want to get a copy of the haynes manual for the fiesta as the wiring for the fog light as well as some useful electrical diagrams are in there. I found it useful when I did mine.

The way Puma 89 reports is precisely how the set up should work.

Fog lights are there to give you vision of the kerb and centreline of the road in heavy fog (The clue is in the name). Having your headlights on at the same time is counter-productive as the glare reflected back from the fog hides anything coming in the opposite direction until it is much closer than when the mains are off.

Yeap they say a lot of people have been killed because of wrong use of the fog lights.

liwTaakelysparklys__177714c.jpg

This is legal

liwTaakelysnaerlys__177713c.jpg

This is not legal

I have been comparing the allready installed fog ligh switch for the foglights on the back of the car.
Since its the same switch . TIS program
I see there is a relay on it So that way I wanna ad one, I wanna spare the switch , The set I installed didnt give much light but there was a 15Amp fuse, maybe it use a couple ampere, nothing more I think.
But I am not sure the switch can take it?

If I take the control flow from the park, competency lights to aktvere relay
will it work? So when I turn on the parking lights and the fog switch the relay will activate the relay switch?

hope I can add a drawing
bad TIS dont work on windows version 7

Back