Ford Fair - 6th August 2017 - Silverstone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been to Ford Fair every year since 2007, and we've NEVER seen the queues as bad as they are this year. :'(

Been in queue 4 45 mins stuff coming up outside lane and pushing in....pissed off...slightly. mite b on stand by noon !!!!

Did you make it in at a 'reasonable' time in the end?

Been on the look out for a photo of the stand but nothing's appeared yet. :cool:

Got on the stand just after 9. Left home at 430 and got within 2.5 miles of silverstone at 7 and spent 2 hours to do the rest. Utterly ridiculous and took over an hour to get out as well. Not helped by marshals standing at coffee stalls instead of controlling all the barge in barrys forcing their way into the queue. I've been doing FF since 1989 and this year has seriously peed me off. Good crowd on the PP stand but the amount of exhaust banging focus idiots about was just stupid. It was all Focus and Fiesta ST RS 2day Given the cost of tickets this show needs to be a weekend affair. It's just too big now for 1 day.

Thanks for having me again this year. Especially to Cherie and Dal for organising and of course for funding my growing wooden spoon collection :lol:
Awesome day yet again!
Hanna x

Thank you Cherie and Dal for organising yet another great Ford Fair stand - the best ever, in fact! Will collate photos and stuff and do a proper post tomorrow. :thumbs:

Brain power rapidly diminishing - been a long old day! :pinkeye:

Fantastic day, with nearly every other stand showing their immaculate preened noise machines, was nice to be on a stand with such an eclectic mix of Pumas.

Massive thanks to Cherie and Dal for organising

Cracking day as ever, but my god if I ever see a Fiesta or Focus ST again I'm going to set it on fire. Enough with the bangs!!!!!!

Thanks to Cherie and Dal so much for organising

Despite the queuing both Ben and I left having had a good day, I'm not quite sure where the time went as it was 6pm in no time and didn't get to spend too much time on the stand!

For those that noticed sorry for being 'one of those drivers' that jumped into the outside lane in the morning to skip some of the queue. We were seriously worried we were very quickly running out of fuel which proved correct at the end of the day when we tired to top the tank up and realised there was nothing left in it. So sorry again but I felt I had a half decent reason :oops:

Thank you very much to Cherie and Dal for putting all the effort in again this year :eek:k:

McCloud 85 said:
Despite the queuing both Ben and I left having had a good day, I'm not quite sure where the time went as it was 6pm in no time and didn't get to spend too much time on the stand!

For those that noticed sorry for being 'one of those drivers' that jumped into the outside lane in the morning to skip some of the queue. We were seriously worried we were very quickly running out of fuel which proved correct at the end of the day when we tired to top the tank up and realised there was nothing left in it. So sorry again but I felt I had a half decent reason :oops:

Thank you very much to Cherie and Dal for putting all the effort in again this year :eek:k:

Wish you'd said, I had 20 litres in the boot and Lord B had 40 litres in his!!

Fantastic day (as always) lovely to see everyone and so many Pumas :)

Thanks again Cherie and Dal for booking the stand, sorting the competition, bringing the gazebo and everything :)

Entry photos now up on the Photography UK website:

http://www.photography-uk.com/v/photos/78304xth/C262138804

Winner of Colin's Memorial Trophy: Rob (Robyorks)

35596952894_d59d0f4ab5_c.jpg

Winner of the wooden spoon, for the second year running: Hannah (Roomy)

36035295610_4de3bac614_c.jpg

And a few others photos that I've had a chance to edit.

36035292950_afb39fa24d_c.jpg

36035302870_188027093b_c.jpg

36386385606_b7ef06cb2d_c.jpg

35596958434_fbca37d80f_c.jpg

35596959474_65c7efb0e5_c.jpg

36386383646_43efc0e904_c.jpg

36295032331_3d5abb5da4_c.jpg

I decided not to jump the que's, and the result was my HCV popping from sitting stationary in traffic for so long!

Thanks all for a great day out, me and Ellis had a great day! The time seemed to fly by, I think I was literally the last car to leave silverstone. :cool:

Great job organising so many Pumas & great turnout!

Great pictures from what seems to have been a great show, despite the awful queues.

Looks like a good turnout which has to be rewarding for Cherie and Daz, hopefully I might join you next year.

Great video, feel sick from all the spinning around and the fuzzy people :grin:

Great looking Puma's of all sorts/colours......yellow is still the favourite :grin:

well done everybody :thumbs: :thumbs:

Back