ford racing suspesnion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol..i started something there :lol:

ok, so basically you can buy the 'KA' setup and replace the whole bloody rear beam..lol :? :lol:

or source some FRP dampers and replace/machine the knuckles :cool:

evilrob said:
Or you could buy new FRP knuckles...

Blank-Main-Pic.jpg

http://pumabuild.com/pumacat/product_info.php?products_id=2194

... if you had more money than sense. :-D

LOL!..

£450 notes for a crusty old 2nd hand knuckle painted with a rattle can ...Hilarious!..

they are only £230 from ford i think.. :lol:

only problem im thinking of is spring rate due to ka being lighter it will be undersprung for puma...

but to be honest good shocks would set me back more than that so might be worth getting the kit sell the springs and get a set of eibach sprigns from ford

good idea fitting the ka bits...pretty sure they were originally designed for the Ford Racing Ka....only one car was made as the idea was you bought the parts and did it yourself.

WOW, £400 odd for frp knuckles...£30 down the scrap yard, £35 to have them machined, £20 to powder coat them and £30 per bearing....i should start selling them!!!

Just for anyones reference...you can't lower the front FRP suspension...its already down to approx 15mm of travel on droop!!! youd be permanently riding on the bump stop!!!! Gaz do coilovers for the frp or use puma ones and machine up a shim...

Had no idea about this kit! would have definitely opted for this for 60 notes more than buying 4 Sachs shocks! .... Could return them I guess but wanted everything ready for next weekend.

.. I'm sad now :(

So the rears will fit but the front hub needs to be widened from what I have read here am I correct.

not for ford racing parts no... hes on about ford puma racing suspension not the ford racing suspension im on about used on ford ka ..

the kit im onabout can stil be bought new however only in fork type rear fit .. shocks and springs whole kit £250 bargin

Back