Found a rustproofing business:

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read it out of interest, as I'm in the process of trying to rust proof mine. Using Dynax S50 and extending the probe, I've managed to do the full length of the sills, with access through the seat belt fixing point hole on the sill ( can see the wax running out of sill drain holes) also have done the A posts and all the chassis sections underneath. everything else underneath has had the rust treated and repainted, then sprayed with chain lubricant, which doesn't wash off easily. When the warmer weather comes, underneath will be sprayed with black Waxoyl, as l already have some, I use a Poundland pressurised garden sprayer, heat the Waxoyl and thin with 10% white spirit, works really well and no point cleaning the sprayer afterwards as it only cost a £1 !
As my arches have not started to rust through yet, I've still got to remove the rear cards and speakers so I can treat them with Dynax, also lift all the carpet to do the floor. I've also done under all the wheel arches, including have the rusted through metal on the rears replaced by a local body shop, replaced the rusty screws and washers with stainless, so they'll be easier to remove in future. My intention is to redo it all every year, as that's what I did with my Classic Mini and in 5 years the rust didn't get any worse and it had a lot more than the Puma.
It takes a fair bit of time, but doesn't cost that much compared to having it done professionally.

Sounds like a thorough job.Ive done several cars in a similar fashion over the years including 3 Pumas and a 1996 Ka.All have stood up well to corrosion and the Ka which is parked outside and covered near 140 k miles has not yet needed any welding although the paintwork looks awful.Never done the inside of a floor as that would only rot if water was getting inside the car .

I've also given my 2015 Fiesta the same treatment, as it has no rust and they're not prone to rusting, but I intend keeping until I'm unable to drive any more. MOT tester thought it was a brilliant idea, even though he's hardly seen any rust on Mk7 Fiesta's. Thankfully the Quantum 2+2 is GRP and rust isn't a problem, but the front subframe and rear axle have been painted with POR15 which has stood up well in the 15 years I've owned it.

Back