Francine - Serth's Puma'd Fiesta Zetec S Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serth

Thought it about time i put up a project thread on here.

Recently bit the bullet and bought a 1.7 MHA puma engine to fit into my Imperial Blue Fiesta Zetec S. Although it's a very common conversion, I have no mechanical knowledge - January this year i had to take my car to a garage to get a rear numberplate bulb holder changed over.

Bought the engine and box on approx 75k, and after various issues with the seller, I eventually soruced all of the parts that i needed. A friend of mine from ZSOC helped with the manual labour part of the fitting but i sussed all the wiring and reconnecting of pretty much everything. I now feel much more learned in the mechanics area and I plan to keep on top of the vast majority of work myself (my tool collection has grown considerably this year too)!.

Current spec:
~Puma 1.7 MHA engine conversion
~Puma 1.7 IB5 gearbox
~Tape ECU
~Milltek 4-2-1 EVO manifold
~Longlife stainless steel 200 cell catalytic converter
~Mongoose catback
~K & N panel filter with a Clio cold air feed and bung/resonater removed/drilled
~FRP style airbox (custom made following guide on PP)

~4 x Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on standard alloys
~EBC grooved and drilled front discs
~Mintex M144 pads
~Fully polybushed - flo-flex at rear and powerflex up front (front wishbone and ARB) with FRP rear wishbone bushes
~OMP front lower strut brace
~12.5mm rear axle spacers
~Focus Mk1 handbrake cable
~Removed spare tyre and cradle
~AP coilovers (to be fitted mid September 2014 once back from travels)

~TRC front splitter
~OEM Ford logo mudflaps
~Resprayed all exterior plastics in satin black
~zsoc, RSFFE,and mightycarmods stickers
~Xenon rear number plate bulbs
~Chrome rear window bolts
~Euro rear light
~Ka rear wiper arm
~NB styling bonnet strut kit

~Vibe sub, amp and rear speakers, Clarion components up front, Sendai head unit
~Full Fiesta Black black leather interior including door cards
~Puma gearknob
~Blue alcantara and black leather gaiters
~Re-conditioned steering wheel in blue
~Focus Mk1 handbrake
~Puma Map light
~Genuine blue Fiesta floor mats
~Blue dash LED conversion

qp57b4.jpg

wagjo9.jpg

10525957_10154456179525650_8956972575470821396_n.jpg

C+C welcome

:grin: I quite like those ZS and they can only be better with a Puma engine inside.

Nice looking little thing.

Where did you get the bonnet struts? Been thinking about doing that myself.

And, welcome to the forum :eek:k:

Thanks for the replies. Fell in love with the Fiesta's looks when my housemate bought one in 2010. It just such a simple little car that never refuses to bring a smile to my face (even more so thanks to the 1.7 lump and box etc) but i feel that it fits in fine on the shabbiest of council estates to (almost) getting valet parked at a posh hotel, so long as it's kept clean and tidy.

The bonnet struts were bought from a company called NB styling. For £50 you can get the fiesta kit, which I'm not sure whether it will fit the puma or not, but it is a simple 15 minute job and it really looks great and works wonders when you have to work on the engine. You could always email Neil from NB styling to see whether he knows about fitment etc, find the group on facebook if you are a member, otherwise you can email him at [email protected].

Didn't mention above but I have a set of AP coilovers to fit in the next couple of weeks. Won't be changing the wheels and don't overly want to go too low, want to keep the car as standard looking as possible really, no removals, just additions, but coilovers should provide a better stance and more confidence in the corners.

I also plan to get to the bottom of a noise issue in the engine bay before looking into cams and suporting mods, and the ST150 brake upgrade to get me stopped in time!

Any suggestions, questions, comments or compliments greatly received!

Cheers for the kind words everyone. As some of you may have seen on my posts around the forum, I'm suffering from the typical gearbox leak and engine oil leak too. Once I've got this sorted, I'm hoping to invest in a set of LM3 or SS4 cams, a ported head and inlet and then fit it all and get it mapped!

Need to upgrade brakes with St150 items before though!

Back