Front and Rear footwells soaking wet

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmears

I bought a T reg Ford Puma back in Jul and the last month I have noticed that the Front and Rear footwells are soaking. I have no idea where the water is coming from and there is a damp smell starting to appear. It doesn't affect the drive but because of the damp in the car if I turn the heater on all the windows mist up and I can't see anything not good!
Has anybody any ideas what is causing this I did read that Puma's are prone to leaking but I thought that was the boot. My boot is totally dry. :'(

Hi hmears,

Which side is getting wet? The passenger or drivers side?

Is it noticeably wetter in the front / back?

Ingress like that might be caused by a slightly misaligned window frame allowing water in where it's not supposed to and leaking through/round the door into the foot wells.

I have the same problem. Driver's side is soaking wet....
Would it be wise to re-fit the windscreen? What other areas to look at?

THX :)

Bump... just noticed for the first time I today have a wet Drivers side footwell??? Never had this before and noticed most people get passenger side problems not drivers side??

Any tips :(

Many thanks,

Lawrence

I had the same problem not so long ago.
Open the boot and remove/look under the lining in the corners of the boot

If the corners wet, it means that water is getting into the boot through the square holes behind the rear lamps on the level of the boot floor. Then it runs under the rear seat and on the floor of your car.
I have sealed the square holes with cheapest clear external use silicone from Screwfix and it solved the problem. Moreover there were gaps between top edge/seal of the lamps and the body - I sealed these too!

I think many pumas come with that issue as a standard, but since the floor lining is quite thick it is hard to spot the problem until it rains like it was last weekend.

Let us know if it worked for you mate!

I also had some water inside, mainly onthe passanger side. There weher some leaves in the ventilation system which blocked the water from leaving through the pipe at the bottom of the ventilation box. When you blow into the tube, it is at least a temporary fix that the water can drain. I have no idea how to remove the leaves without disassambling the whole dashboard.

Cheers
Gerhard

I have been having this problem too, I removed my back seat, as they were absolutely soaking, been into my car today and it is absolutely soaking, got a couple of swimming pools in there!!
I think it is coming in through the boot somewhere... but not too sure!!
Will have to have a look tomorrow and see if i can find out where it is coming from! See if I can find the square holes!!

HELP Im Drowning!

Hey I have the same problem, it started with an electrical fault which was due to an ingress in the drivers footwell, ihad this repaired at FORD last October and it has been in and out the bloody garage ever since! Ive had the pollen filter re sealed the heater box re sealed , new windscreen, doors re aligned, the dashboard taken out and bulk head re sealed, yet today have a bloody big puddle in the drivers footwell, waitin for Ford to ring back as we speak.

could be draining gromits in the floor, if damaged missing major problem. happend to my mates feast ford said only way to fix was tear up all the floor and replace... which could be mega bucks. just hoping with this snow same thing dont happen to mine!

i have the same the passenger side would possibly be the gromits but if ure loosing water from the engine and the driver side is wet its the heater matrix :(

Thanks mate,

I honestly didn't see the picture. I take it its the big circular rubber thing with the wires poking out the top? Is the plan to put sealant around the bottom of it? Just silicone bathroom sealant?

Thanks again :eek:

Latest posts

Back